All-Star 2012-2013 Practice Wear

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here's FAME NY's which I think is the whole FAME programs.

Boys:
boysfame.jpg

Girls:
FAME.jpg

When I was in college we had plenty of soffe shorts and t-shirts in our school's colors from camp, various athletic events, etc. Every practice would be some combination of maroon, grey, white, or black t-shirts and shorts. Then we all matched for the most part, but we didn't have to spend a ton of money.

Yeah my high school team would just wear a combination of our colors and if we did order anything it'd be like 3 t shirts, 15 bucks. BIG DEAL.

practice wear while cute and all, is just a bit ridiculous to me. why cant you just wear a t shirt and shorts and call it day then spending more money on cheer clothes.
maybe its just me.

For us this is kind of a substitute for new uniforms. We cannot and (our coach does not want to) afford new unis so we're still wearing the ones we bought 6 years ago. Some are falling apart and they are far from in fashion. ;)
While the team agrees that we will rather spend the team money (uniforms are bought from the team fundings here and don't belong to individuals) on hiring US coaches for a camp or investing in more practice hours in the gym (which needs to be rented per our) rather than new uniforms... we still wish we had something new to wear that looks "fashionable".
So designing practice wear that is then bought by uns individually was the compromise we chose to go for. :)

Here's FAME NY's which I think is the whole FAME programs.

Girls:
FAME.jpg

These are adorable but I can't stand wearing yoga shorts to practice because of the fold over fabric. It's usually really thick and makes me really hot. Although the fold over on these looks much thinner than VS ones.

Jule i can understand that point, but for like US teams that do have money and funding it seems a bit much

wait... I'm confused. Do these teams HAVE to wear these every practice?
Like for us, we have team apparel that we get each year that we wear at far away comps that we travel as a team or when we have like guest coreographers. We arn't required to always wear them, so we could still wear the good ol' Tshirt and soffees :confused:

For us this is kind of a substitute for new uniforms. We cannot and (our coach does not want to) afford new unis so we're still wearing the ones we bought 6 years ago. Some are falling apart and they are far from in fashion. ;)
While the team agrees that we will rather spend the team money (uniforms are bought from the team fundings here and don't belong to individuals) on hiring US coaches for a camp or investing in more practice hours in the gym (which needs to be rented per our) rather than new uniforms... we still wish we had something new to wear that looks "fashionable".
So designing practice wear that is then bought by uns individually was the compromise we chose to go for. :)

Last year you posted a thread and had a lot of us to vote for you in a contest and I thought you said it was for new uni's and I thought you won!!? Did you not win and I'm mistaken?

I can't believe y'all still don't have new uniforms!:(

practice wear while cute and all, is just a bit ridiculous to me. why cant you just wear a t shirt and shorts and call it day then spending more money on cheer clothes.
maybe its just me.
I agree! I do think it's easier whenever ones dressed the same though. That's why I like the way my gym does it. Each practice, you have to wear a certain color shirt and a certain color shorts. That way, you can wear whatever shirt and shorts you own and not have to worry about spending a ton of money on practice clothes.

We do the specific shirts on specific days, especially after choreography is done-just bc I think it is better for coaches to see everyone as a team and what is working (or not). The two Level 5 teams do have special practice bows and sports bras-an extra "something" for making it to that level. The girls look forward to that. The t-shirts are not expensive. The same for my CP cheering varsity in HS, coach has them wear at least the same color shirt-so she can better view formations etc.

Back