All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Most gyms that have multiple worlds teams should really only have one or even less true world caliber teams. However the number of level five teams a gym has is an important factor in the politics of cheerleading and with the surplus of bids being offered I cant blame coaches who put together level 5 teams just for the heck of it.

I agree with you. Charlotte isn't the only gym who is guilty of it... there are plenty of others. and I certainly don't blame them, especially when there are so many bids out there that they can earn. But would you rather have 3 teams barely make it out of prelims into semis or bring home a globe? I'd choose a globe, and maybe others feel giving as many kids an opportunity to go to worlds is more important than that.

I agree with you. Charlotte isn't the only gym who is guilty of it... there are plenty of others. and I certainly don't blame them, especially when there are so many bids out there that they can earn. But would you rather have 3 teams barely make it out of prelims into semis or bring home a globe? I'd choose a globe, and maybe others feel giving as many kids an opportunity to go to worlds is more important than that.
Charlotte definitely isn't the only gym guilty. The world experience is amazing but I doubt the EP of these bid comps are truly focused on that.

i know there are quite a few Charlotte people on the board who aren't going to like what i'm about to say but...

i feel like as a gym, they spread themselves too thin when it comes to level 5. if they condensed all the worlds teams into one strong (possibly smaller) worlds team and one awesome restricted team they would do so well in both divisions. just because you have 66 kids who can pass for level 5 in some categories doesn't mean they all need to go to worlds.

this is not an insult to the kids or coaches. i know they've all worked hard to get where they are. they're a great gym. their lower level teams are great and their upper level kids have talent... i just think instead of pushing for 2 or 3 worlds teams year after year, choosing the top 20 or 30 athletes would produce really great results for them.

and i know they aren't going to take advice from some random girl on the boards, so to each their own :D
The way you are saying that makes it sound like they have 10 Teams, there are only 2 teams, and are not spread thin at all.....:) I am sure they know what they are doing though, they have been in business for 23 seasons, and no they don't have a world championship, but all is okay with the purple, black and white..... Cheers!!!:fro:

The way you are saying that makes it sound like they have 10 Teams, there are only 2 teams, and are not spread thin at all.....:) I am sure they know what they are doing though, they have been in business for 23 seasons, and no they don't have a world championship, but all is okay with the purple, black and white..... Cheers!!!:fro:
I meant 2 "Worlds" Teams....:fro:

That kid who did the 1 to whip double looked like he was in a TERRIBLE mood. Other than that this team is my everything.
OMG i couldn't agree more what is wrong with him ya he is talented but someone needs to like give him a hug or kick him off he is annoying to watch.

what the.....???? ECE J5?? This team is amazing. they just blow my mind. Oh my...are they going to NCA?

173576-wat

Back