All-Star 2016-2017 Cheer Music

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I haven't read the rules but can you have songs if the pitch is changed or someone else singing it? I'm at a competition right now and there has been 2 different gyms with recognizable songs in their music it just sounded a little different, but beat and lyrics were the same.

I haven't read the rules but can you have songs if the pitch is changed or someone else singing it? I'm at a competition right now and there has been 2 different gyms with recognizable songs in their music it just sounded a little different, but beat and lyrics were the same.

You CAN if it's a cover with correct license. Cheer Sounds has a whole library of popular music that is legal to use in cheer mixes. My gym has "real music" in our mixes. It is legal- I think a lot of people just don't entirely understand the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You CAN if it's a cover with correct license. Cheer Sounds has a whole library of popular music that is legal to use in cheer mixes. My gym has "real music" in our mixes. It is legal- I think a lot of people just don't entirely understand the rules.

Ah okay! Thanks! I haven't cheered in three years so I don't really know the rules other than the little bit I have seen so I was confused listening to some of the music

There is still some very real concern about covers. Most are not using them because of the uncertainty over the legality of it.

There is still some very real concern about covers. Most are not using them because of the uncertainty over the legality of it.

I am at GLCC in sandusky Ohio right now and there has been at least 4 teams from 4 different gyms that I recognized the songs. As I was just typing that someone just had a Meghan Trainer song as their end of pyramid/dance and there was a Kesha song earlier. I feel like it would be hard to tell whether songs are okay when you hear them like that. There would have to be someone checking every song in every routine.

I am at GLCC in sandusky Ohio right now and there has been at least 4 teams from 4 different gyms that I recognized the songs. As I was just typing that someone just had a Meghan Trainer song as their end of pyramid/dance and there was a Kesha song earlier. I feel like it would be hard to tell whether songs are okay when you hear them like that. There would have to be someone checking every song in every routine.
No way of knowing they're using an approved producer. I think a lot of people are on edge about being sued. There has been no guarantee that covers will not violate the law.

We had a client get their music flagged last weekend. The judges and administration said there was no way the music was legal. Our client supplied them with our licenses and cover music licenses from unleashthebeats, and everything was good as gold. (Pretty awesome compliment for us) I believe it is in the best interest of the gym to print and have on hand all the music licenses their producers send them. As a preferred provider we also had to submit our license template to USA Cheer for authenticity purposes in the event music gets reviewed up the chain. If you have any questions feel free to ask. We aren't lawyers we don't charge for answers! :)

Here's a video of my team and the mix i created featuring some of the boybands
Mix starts at 0:36

Well I can officially say that having the new music rules have not kept us from hearing the same songs over and over again. I have heard several "original" songs repeated over and over again today at a competition.

I had high hopes, but I cannot count the amount of times I've already heard Iggy Azalea's Team this season. So much for covers and originals.

I had high hopes, but I cannot count the amount of times I've already heard Iggy Azalea's Team this season. So much for covers and originals.
If anyone under a senior level 5 team uses Ariana Grande "side to side" in their music ill cringe in horror. I know that song is super popular right now.

Back