All-Star 2016-2017 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Flyers Allstarz is back with 6 Worlds teams!

Obsession : Large Senior Allgirl 5
Knockout : International Allgirl 5
Notorious : International Open Large Coed 5
Thunder : International Open Small Coed 6
Shock : International Open Large Coed 6

Last edited:
I have seen some really creative team names this season. Make sure you do your homework please! I work in a industry that names concepts and we have to be careful. Urbandictionary.com helps [emoji6].

***PSA: Urbandictionary.com should always be consulted when naming teams

Oh wow! I just went to urban dictionary and put some of the teams posted here and [emoji15][emoji33] wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen some really creative team names this season. Make sure you do your homework please! I work in a industry that names concepts and we have to be careful. Urbandictionary.com helps [emoji6].

***PSA: Urbandictionary.com should always be consulted when naming teams

Like what exactly? I'm too lazy to put in every single team name to see if it's bad. The names don't mean what their original definition means? Or is it urban created slang words being used and only insiders know what they mean?

Just trying to clarify. Because if a harmless word suddenly has a new meaning then we are all in trouble.

Well it looks like someone updated the wiki with Cali's teams, but I don't see any J5s or minis?

Small youth 1 - Sapphire
Small junior 2 - Jr. Black
Small junior 2 - Shooters
Large junior 2 - Electric
Large junior 2 - J2 Crew
Small junior 3 - Pistols
Small junior 3 - Slate
Large junior 3 - J Money
Large junior 4 - Covert
Large junior 4 - Sable
Large senior 1 - Crystal
Large senior 1 - Deja Blue
Large senior 1 - White Gold
Large senior 1 - Wild Cards
Small senior 2 - Posh
Small senior coed 3 - Code 3
Large senior coed 3 - Black Diamonds
Small senior 4.2 - Senior Platinum
Large senior 4.2 - Platinum
Large senior 4.2 - Sr. Silver
Small senior 4 - Plastix
Large senior 4 - Classics
Large senior 4 - S4
Small senior coed 4 - Black Jacks
Large senior coed 4 - Onyx
Large senior coed 4 - Swagg
Small senior restricted 5 - So Fab
Small senior coed restricted 5 - Snipers
Small senior coed restricted 5 - Strikers
Large senior coed restricted 5 - Live 5
Large senior coed restricted 5 - Midnight
Small senior 5 - Lady Bullets
Medium senior 5 - Aces
Small senior coed 5 - Smoed
Medium senior coed 5 - Black Ops
Large senior coed 5 - Cali Coed
International open coed 4 - Shadow
International open allgirl 5 - Sparkle
Small international open coed 5 - RegulatAZ
Large international open coed 5 - Ghost Recon
Small international open coed 6 - Reckless
Large international open coed 6 - Rangers

Like what exactly? I'm too lazy to put in every single team name to see if it's bad. The names don't mean what their original definition means? Or is it urban created slang words being used and only insiders know what they mean?

Just trying to clarify. Because if a harmless word suddenly has a new meaning then we are all in trouble.

I know they've got me all curious !

I know they've got me all curious !

I had a few pm'd that enlightened me. I won't repeat it here because I don't want to perpetuate the negative connotation.

But I'm going to put this out there, then I'll drop it since this is a teams list thread and not a team names debate, if you UD enough terms you're going to run into pretty much everything meaning anything. I think as long as the original name has an appropriate original meaning and definition then you can back it up and stand behind it.

Urban Dictionary is super useful and I do think team names should be carefully considered. But I'm not judging anyone that doesn't know the secret, vulgar meanings to innocent names and phrases.

It's sort of like Jeff Foxworthy's theory that, if you use the right tone and cadence, you can make ANYTHING sound sexual. "I'd like to rotate HER tires".

And "That's what she said..."

Catch my drift?

One I saw didn't have a "normal" meaning that I had ever heard, so I looked it up in the UD. OMG!! And it was a JUNIOR team! The word had a super disgusting meaning...I would die if it were my kid's team.

I had a few pm'd that enlightened me. I won't repeat it here because I don't want to perpetuate the negative connotation.

But I'm going to put this out there, then I'll drop it since this is a teams list thread and not a team names debate, if you UD enough terms you're going to run into pretty much everything meaning anything. I think as long as the original name has an appropriate original meaning and definition then you can back it up and stand behind it.

Urban Dictionary is super useful and I do think team names should be carefully considered. But I'm not judging anyone that doesn't know the secret, vulgar meanings to innocent names and phrases.

It's sort of like Jeff Foxworthy's theory that, if you use the right tone and cadence, you can make ANYTHING sound sexual. "I'd like to rotate HER tires".

And "That's what she said..."

Catch my drift?
All of this.

And Urban Dictionary isn't always the most reliable. It's like wikipedia, anyone can put in a definition. The top definition isn't always the real meaning just what people have voted up. Funny/vulgar/etc. = votes.

I looked up a few of the teams from CP's gym, all safe names. Most have vulgar definitions.

ETA: maybe it doesn't go by votes... but still anyone can put any definition they want.

Last edited:
One I saw didn't have a "normal" meaning that I had ever heard, so I looked it up in the UD. OMG!! And it was a JUNIOR team! The word had a super disgusting meaning...I would die if it were my kid's team.

Not sure if you're talking about Boomslang from Stars Vipers, since that's the only one I wasn't familiar with either when skimming the past few pages, but it's a cute little (and deadly) green snake. I didn't read the entirity of the UD definition because I got the idea after the first 5 or so words. I don't think it's at all inappropriate because its CLEARLY referencing the snake, not the sexual act, since their gym name is "vipers".

I have to agree with @cupieqt - anything can be made inappropriate. If you look up "peach", "pink", "wildcat", "C5", "jag", "shooting star", etc, on UD, you'll find another meaning of the word, all inappropriate for youth sports on varying levels. And as long as the team name has an appropriate original meaning, then it's not an issue. I want to assume that most people are mature enough to not think of lady parts when they hear "pink" and "peach".

Not sure if you're talking about Boomslang from Stars Vipers, since that's the only one I wasn't familiar with either when skimming the past few pages, but it's a cute little (and deadly) green snake. I didn't read the entirity of the UD definition because I got the idea after the first 5 or so words. I don't think it's at all inappropriate because its CLEARLY referencing the snake, not the sexual act, since their gym name is "vipers".

I have to agree with @cupieqt - anything can be made inappropriate. If you look up "peach", "pink", "wildcat", "C5", "jag", "shooting star", etc, on UD, you'll find another meaning of the word, all inappropriate for youth sports on varying levels. And as long as the team name has an appropriate original meaning, then it's not an issue. I want to assume that most people are mature enough to not think of lady parts when they hear "pink" and "peach".
It's been a while since I trolled UD, but I generally go by rating and popularity of a word before I get all hyped up.

I'm sure there are some kids who were allowed to vote on team names and thought they were being slick, but..ya know kids these days.

Back