All-Star Aloha Spirit Productions Has Acquired Mid Atlantic Cheer Championships.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 16, 2015
Aloha Spirit Productions Acquires Mid Atlantic Cheer Championships and Expands Brand's Events »

Aloha Spirit Productions has announced that it has acquired Mid Atlantic Cheer Championships. The Mid Atlantic brand has been home to the championship competition featuring Worlds bids at the Wildwoods Convention Center in New Jersey.
Mid Atlantic will expand its calendar from this anchor event to include regional competitions as follows:
  • Mid Atlantic Daytona – Nov.19, 2016
  • Mid Atlantic Baltimore – Dec. 3, 2016
  • Mid Atlantic Richmond – Feb. 18, 2017
  • Mid Atlantic Championships – March 3-5, 2017
  • Mid Atlantic Pittsburgh – March 18, 2017
  • Mid Atlantic Atlanta – April 15, 2017
In addition to awarding Worlds bids at the Mid Atlantic Championships, all events will be offering partial and paid bids to The Cali Finale in Los Angeles. Held at the Los Angeles Convention Center on April 22-23, 2017, The Cali Finale is the largest season ending event in the Western Region.

13244204_1224619157563145_9160741729348425275_o.png

Hmm. I've never been to the Cali Finale, but is it really bigger than USA Nationals or American Showcase Nationals?
It is not! I attended two(?) years ago and it was not good. It splits North Ca teams against South Ca teams which is why I don't really understand why they are giving out bids to this to teams across the country... It's typically around April 6/10, somewhere in there, but definitely not in my top 10 list of favorite competitions...

why would an east coast team fly to California the weekend before worlds or two weeks before Summit? Paid bids are cool and all, but flights are expensive. and Cali Finale is a lame competition...

However does this mean the corruption of Mid-Atlantic worlds' bids is over?! Doubt it. It was probably part of the stipulations of the sale lol

Don't they also offer bids to a competition they hold in Hawaii? We don't go to any of their events anymore, but I remember something about a Hawaiian championship.

Hmm. I've never been to the Cali Finale, but is it really bigger than USA Nationals or American Showcase Nationals?
LOL, no it is not. Both of those competitions are significantly larger, and better for that matter. I attended Cali Finale every year besides this one because of how poorly it is run. I hope and pray that if they truly want teams from the other side of the country to fly out here, they'll fix it and make it a proper competition!!

why would an east coast team fly to California the weekend before worlds or two weeks before Summit? Paid bids are cool and all, but flights are expensive. and Cali Finale is a lame competition...

However does this mean the corruption of Mid-Atlantic worlds' bids is over?! Doubt it. It was probably part of the stipulations of the sale lol

Aren't you just the optimist. [emoji23]

**Slip n Slide. Official sponsor of Worlds 2016**

LOL, no it is not. Both of those competitions are significantly larger, and better for that matter. I attended Cali Finale every year besides this one because of how poorly it is run. I hope and pray that if they truly want teams from the other side of the country to fly out here, they'll fix it and make it a proper competition!!
It used to be free of you attended a few of their comps. No more. Also used the have two locations, but doesn't any longer. The Hawaii bids are still being given out at 2 day Aloha comps in CA. But I don't think they were given at GSSA, which is an affiliate so not surprised not giving them from the new brand. The year we went it was quite large, but it was still free then. A lot of the same teams pretty much always win Aloha.

It used to be free of you attended a few of their comps. No more. Also used the have two locations, but doesn't any longer. The Hawaii bids are still being given out at 2 day Aloha comps in CA. But I don't think they were given at GSSA, which is an affiliate so not surprised not giving them from the new brand. The year we went it was quite large, but it was still free then. A lot of the same teams pretty much always win Aloha.
Bolded exactly why I no longer attend these competitions. It's not that they're biased towards "bigger" gyms per say, but any team that is returning or brand new to their events, you tend to see scores lean in their direction. A real slippery slope if you ask me.:confused:

Cali Finale is not huge comp at all!! It was my least favorite competition of the season [emoji17]

@Cheermom1969 the article said it was the largest west comp season ending competition [emoji23][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cali Finale Had 103 Full Year allstar team and with rec/dance and allstar prep they were at 141

USA- Just counting the mini's, all juniors and only Senior 1 I am already at 103....so I am not sure where Cali Finale is getting their info . I am going to keep counting all the youth and senior teams for usa just because, now I am curious.

Cali Finale Had 103 Full Year allstar team and with rec/dance and allstar prep they were at 141

USA- Just counting the mini's, all juniors and only Senior 1 I am already at 103....so I am not sure where Cali Finale is getting their info . I am going to keep counting all the youth and senior teams for usa just because, now I am curious.

Well they're calling it a "year end event" aren't they? Regular competitions/nationals are not "year end events." Year end events generally imply needing a bid to go - Worlds, Summit, US Finals, etc.

Back