All-Star Anybody Have "inappropriate" Lyrics In Your Music?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 4, 2015
The only "inappropriate" word I have in my music is the word "vodka". Do we get points taken off if we have alcohol/drugs in cheer music? The judges probably don't hear it cause the song goes by fast. Do any of you have "inappropriate" words in your music?

And I know I've been to a few competitions where I thought I have heard obscenities and I've had to ask "Did that say what I thought it did?" I think if there's any possibility of it being misconstrued, it's better to play it safe. Remove it and put something else in.

I once watched a youth team that had the line "I came, I saw, I conquered, or should I say I saw, I conquered, I came" (from Fireball) in their music. Which is just gross in the song and I'm not sure who thought it was appropriate to put in a cheer mix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know there's some music from Brandon Senior Black that I saw on the thread yesterday, and I thought I heard some swearing in it, but it's hard to tell what they're saying.

The only "inappropriate" word I have in my music is the word "vodka". Do we get points taken off if we have alcohol/drugs in cheer music? The judges probably don't hear it cause the song goes by fast. Do any of you have "inappropriate" words in your music?
Saw a junior 3 team a Canam with Britney Spears' "123" as their dance music. I truly hope the coaches didn't know the true meaning of that song when they put it in

Saw a junior 3 team a Canam with Britney Spears' "123" as their dance music. I truly hope the coaches didn't know the true meaning of that song when they put it in

I saw a youth 1 team with this song in their music at BATB this past weekend. When my oldest was in rec cheer as a first grader, they tried to give them a dance routine to that song. They were confused when I wouldn't allow my daughter to dance to that song. Then I slowly sang the lyrics to them.

I saw a youth 1 team with this song in their music at BATB this past weekend. When my oldest was in rec cheer as a first grader, they tried to give them a dance routine to that song. They were confused when I wouldn't allow my daughter to dance to that song. Then I slowly sang the lyrics to them.

I just had to go look up the lyrics to this song, I had no idea that's what it was about! I'm shocked haha.

I'm one of those that love to dance and tend to get lost more in the music and beat, rather than in the lyrics. Unfortunately, it is usually my kids pointing out the lyrics, and dang it, they've ruined many great dance songs where I was perfectly happy dancing in my oblivion. :eek::oops: Once again, I had no idea what that song was about until a few minutes ago when I Googled it. And truth, I probably sang along while I danced with my swiffer without paying an ounce of attention to the words.:confused:

That must have been a wonderful mix of funny and awkward.

@catlady LOL! That oblivion is what led my mom to blast Marvin Gaye's 'Let's Get It On' in the car. I was to mortified to explain the lyrics to her.

I'm one of those that love to dance and tend to get lost more in the music and beat, rather than in the lyrics. Unfortunately, it is usually my kids pointing out the lyrics, and dang it, they've ruined many great dance songs where I was perfectly happy dancing in my oblivion. :eek::oops: Once again, I had no idea what that song was about until a few minutes ago when I Googled it. And truth, I probably sang along while I danced with my swiffer without paying an ounce of attention to the words.:confused:
Don't worry lol I didn't get it until I saw the music video on MTV one day then suddenly everything became crystal clear:confused:

One of my moms all time favorite songs is Tom Pettys Last Dance with Mary Jane. She has listened to it my whole life. The shock on her face when my brother and I grew up and told her it was about drugs was priceless.

Back