All-Star Anybody Have "inappropriate" Lyrics In Your Music?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Most people nowadays don't even know what "fierce" is supposed to look or sound like.

I hate hearing lyrics that consist of talk of haters, telling people to shut up, and stuff like that. It takes away from the athletes and their hard work. Being classy and having a well executed, clean routine is way more fierce. But what do I know? I'm just a mom :)

I hate hearing lyrics that consist of talk of haters, telling people to shut up, and stuff like that. It takes away from the athletes and their hard work. Being classy and having a well executed, clean routine is way more fierce. But what do I know? I'm just a mom :)
LOL! People berate me all the time when I make those same points about music and choreography. One person claimed that I "ruined" cheerleading, another claimed that I am trying to "invalidate" the sport. No joke, those were their words. These are common sense points we're making, but since I only cheered for two years all of my points are moot. *eye roll* Didn't know common sense had qualifications.

Last edited:
Saw a junior 3 team a Canam with Britney Spears' "123" as their dance music. I truly hope the coaches didn't know the true meaning of that song when they put it in
I agree, I heard it in another routine while in KC and wasn't a fan knowing what the song actually meant

LOL! People berate me all the time when I make those same points about music and choreography. One person claimed that I "ruined" cheerleading, another claimed that I am trying to "invalidate" the sport. No joke, those were their words. These are common sense points we're making, but since I only cheered for two years all of my points are moot. *eye roll* Didn't know common sense had qualifications.
With the way music is headed to be compliant, get ready for more trash talking voiceovers and fewer songs.

Two of our teams have "I'm all about my team, I'm all about my green" from Luda in our music as a voice-over...we just shake our heads during run throughs.

Tbh, I wish allstar cheerleading was like 2008 :/
I miss whenever a team would walk onto the mat, and as they were walking to there spots, they would do like a clap then do like a high V with 1 arm and a Low V with the other arm at the same time.

I personally think that parents should speaking up more when they feel music is inappropriate, and not allow their daughter(s) to compete until music is fixed. Easier said than done, and probably more costly, but some coaches and programs just gotta understand that inappropriate music is not okay. Especially with minors, neither is it cute. Don't even get me started on the choreography with dances I've seen. Why does a child need to know some of the things that they're dances to?

I personally think that parents should speaking up more when they feel music is inappropriate, and not allow their daughter(s) to compete until music is fixed. Easier said than done, and probably more costly, but some coaches and programs just gotta understand that inappropriate music is not okay. Especially with minors, neither is it cute. Don't even get me started on the choreography with dances I've seen. Why does a child need to know some of the things that they're dances to?
As parents we must all choose "our mountains to die on". As far as cheer goes, I think most (if not all) of us would agree that inappropriate lyrics is not that mountain as there are far bigger concerns in this "sport".

Back