All-Star Anyone Is Replaceable

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i am one honest teen and there really isnt a second side. im not one to sugar coat things, you dont know me so please dont just assume.
again, ive done allstar cheer before. my family and I are aware of the cost.
like i previously said the economy is at an all time low, and ya know its funny when a program begs you to be on two teams, but will replace you because of money. not my attitude, i never thought i 'ran the show' i just did my thing. it all comes down to money, honestly i think if you want a successful program, you should have enough money in your programs bank account to pay those costs until the athlete can pay their fees. just saying.
Gym Owners do care about their kids... Putting extra money in a programs bank acct? If people aren't paying wheres the money coming from? If you went to a lawyer and dint have money you wouldn't have a lawyer or you get a state lawyer. You go to a cosmetic surgeon and want something thats not a priority with out money you won't get that either. The doctor can tell you all he wants he thinks you need the surgery but he wont do it with out the money! Business is business honey! So if you dont have the money to pay allstars then cheer POPWARNER, school or a rec team that is more affordable!
On the other note most gym owners will give a cheer family a chance until it gets to overboard. A heart can only go so far and if it goes to far that owner and their coaches maybe out of a job and business.
Believe me on this one bc i use to support about 20 kids for more years than most would through hardship and it turned out the hardship was on me... but GOD will get us all through, he got me through but that is a gamble for owners and coaches that do this! IMO

I've met so many cheerleaders that I have coached and taught, cheered with and coached with who have thought the world revolves around them. I've met athletes who think if they left the team, it would simply fall apart. I have cheered with athletes who have thought or still think the same thing, and I've also coached with coaches that believe if they left their place of employment or gym, that everyone would follow them or quit. I think most people who think like this are extremely arrogant.

In recognizing these things, I have come to believe over the years that everyone is replaceable. The new person may not be as talented, or even as good, but as long as their attitude was positive and cared more about their team and or company/gym they would be more of an asset.

I'm a firm believer that anyone can be replaced if need be. Specifically if this person believes the team will fail without them, or that they are irreplaceable. What are your thoughts?

I fully agree! Usually people who feel this way (that they are irreplaceable) end up being the most replaceable people on the team for one reason: they r selfish! Selfish people aren't good for team unity or team dynamics and usually their selfish antics distract from the teams overall goals and hopes for success! If the person is disliked by team members then it can really create a volatile situation that can sometimes lead to the dispanding of the entire team! Selfish people must go because as we all know, there is no "I" in team!!

Gym Owners do care about their kids... Putting extra money in a programs bank acct? If people aren't paying wheres the money coming from? If you went to a lawyer and dint have money you wouldn't have a lawyer or you get a state lawyer. You go to a cosmetic surgeon and want something thats not a priority with out money you won't get that either. The doctor can tell you all he wants he thinks you need the surgery but he wont do it with out the money! Business is business honey! So if you dont have the money to pay allstars then cheer POPWARNER, school or a rec team that is more affordable!
On the other note most gym owners will give a cheer family a chance until it gets to overboard. A heart can only go so far and if it goes to far that owner and their coaches maybe out of a job and business.
Believe me on this one bc i use to support about 20 kids for more years than most would through hardship and it turned out the hardship was on me... but GOD will get us all through, he got me through but that is a gamble for owners and coaches that do this! IMO

1. if busniess is busniess, HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL insurance companies, phone companies , etc. can survive without several people not paying.
2. never saying i wasnt going to give them the money
3.yeah well this all this gym really cared about was money, GO AHEAD AND TELL ME IM WRONG. I KNOW THE TRUTH, i can careless what you think.
4. popwarner and school cheer isnt my cup of tea.
5. i wish you would realize not every gym owner ISNT LIKE YOU OR THE ONES YOU KNOW OF. omg.

illtradewithanyone, it sounds like you had a bad experience. I wish it could have been handled in a more sensitive manner. I support that the gym needs to make money to survive as we were at a gym that closed due to letting too many kids go too long without paying and we lost our chance to compete for the season, BUT it does sound like your gym could have been nicer about it. Good luck in future cheer experiences.

1. if busniess is busniess, HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL insurance companies, phone companies , etc. can survive without several people not paying.
2. never saying i wasnt going to give them the money
3.yeah well this all this gym really cared about was money, GO AHEAD AND TELL ME IM WRONG. I KNOW THE TRUTH, i can careless what you think.
4. popwarner and school cheer isnt my cup of tea.
5. i wish you would realize not every gym owner ISNT LIKE YOU OR THE ONES YOU KNOW OF. omg.
I agree that everyone is not and if they dont have a heart for the kid and I was that kid i wouldnt want to cheer for them... Coaches and owners are suppose to be supportive and I am sorry for your situation. I wish the best for yu and I wish you could be apart of our family so we could love you like a family member!

illtradewithanyone, it sounds like you had a bad experience. I wish it could have been handled in a more sensitive manner. I support that the gym needs to make money to survive as we were at a gym that closed due to letting too many kids go too long without paying and we lost our chance to compete for the season, BUT it does sound like your gym could have been nicer about it. Good luck in future cheer experiences.

yes, i did.
i completely understand they have to make money
thank you !

I agree that everyone is not and if they dont have a heart for the kid and I was that kid i wouldnt want to cheer for them... Coaches and owners are suppose to be supportive and I am sorry for your situation. I wish the best for yu and I wish you could be apart of our family so we could love you like a family member!

thank you for understanding!&yes i would of loved to try your gymm! haha good luck this season!

I've never met someone who wasn't replaceable. Maybe what you are replacing them with isn't the same level as they are, but there are always ways to make it work.

We once had a kid cross up to higher level team. The kid didn't have the tumbling skills, but we felt we could teach suzie to stunt at a higher level and fill out the team. At the end of the summer, the mom called us and told us that suzie couldn't do both teams anymore, it was too much for her monetarily and committment wise. Mom told us that Suzie would be quitting the lower level team, but would stay for the higher level team. Mom was told that she wouldn't be allowed to stay on the higher level team, that she would only be allowed to stay on the lower level team as that was her original team. Mom didn't like that so much and Suzie quit. She was replaced on both teams by the end of the week. While Suzie didn't fulfill the tumbling required for either team, she was a body. Thankfully we had some new kids join that week so it wasn't that big of a deal. Moral of the story, things always work out, and like the instance above...usually for the better.

my coach drills it into us that everyone is replaceable...we had a girl quit a week before the state championship but we went on the floor, nailed our routine, and won cool t shirts. we all thought the world was ending when she quit because she was one of our last tumblers but it took about 20 minutes to find an excellent replacement. i guess its one of those things you hear but dont really believe till it happens to your team

Back