All-Star Austin Gyms: Cheerstation Vs Cheer Athletics Vs Austin Cheer Factory

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 24, 2015
I feel like these are the three bigger gyms in the Austin area, but which is better? Let me know if you've been in any of the three gyms and about their facility, coaches, teams, classes, and their training. Which has the best senior teams?
PS I am looking to possibly tryout for a team in one of these gyms. Just trying to gather information, not trying to make drama!

Last edited:
If you are looking to join one of these programs I think your best option to truly see if one is a good fit for you is to go and visit each one to see how they actually run practices and interact with the athletes. Our bragging about 1 over the other can only go so far.

**will someone please explain what just happened?**

If you are looking to join one of these programs I think your best option to truly see if one is a good fit for you is to go and visit each one to see how they actually run practices and interact with the athletes. Our bragging about 1 over the other can only go so far.

**will someone please explain what just happened?**
Yeah I agree :) I just wanted people to share their personal experiences at either one of these gyms before I possibly visit just so I can get a general idea of what to expect.

Their teams all place similarly,

But ACF is small gym.

They all 3 were at Cheerpower this weekend.

The results will be up in the next day or so if they are not already up.

As far as facility or coaches I don't have much comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have personally been to the cheer athletics gym in Austin while I was on vacation and it was an amazing experience! I signed up for a tumbling private and the coach was very helpful and actually helped me get a new skill! He even invited me back to tumble a few days later when they gym was on their Christmas shut down. I can't comment on the other 2 gyms mentioned but everyone at CA was really nice!
I would definitely check all the gyms out and maybe take a private tumbling class if you can, just to get a feel for the gym and the coaches, and also make sure they have a team for your skill level!

My kids have been to both. We preferred the atmosphere at CA but felt facility size, privates and classes were better at Cheer Station. I would agree with viper mom they place about the same competition wise most of the time. If winning is a priority for you and you can make the drive, check out Vipers. By far the most reliable winning gym in the Austin / San Antonio area. If you can't travel , then visit the gyms and take a class ( usually first class free) , see how you like the staff etc. see if people seem happy or drama filled. We have friends at all of them and they all have their ups and downs. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaching styles are HUGE when it comes to gym choice. XYZ may be winning. ABC may have Worlds teams. But do you mesh with the coaching staff/styles/philosophy of the place?

See also: It's often overlooked, but you can tell a lot about a gym by how approachable and friendly the FRONT OFFICE employees are. If you pop in and ask about enrolling in a class and they are rude, that tells you something.

I have personally been to the cheer athletics gym in Austin while I was on vacation and it was an amazing experience! I signed up for a tumbling private and the coach was very helpful and actually helped me get a new skill! He even invited me back to tumble a few days later when they gym was on their Christmas shut down. I can't comment on the other 2 gyms mentioned but everyone at CA was really nice!
I would definitely check all the gyms out and maybe take a private tumbling class if you can, just to get a feel for the gym and the coaches, and also make sure they have a team for your skill level!
That is very good to know, thanks for sharing your experience! :)

Coaching styles are HUGE when it comes to gym choice. XYZ may be winning. ABC may have Worlds teams. But do you mesh with the coaching staff/styles/philosophy of the place?

See also: It's often overlooked, but you can tell a lot about a gym by how approachable and friendly the FRONT OFFICE employees are. If you pop in and ask about enrolling in a class and they are rude, that tells you something.
Very true.

Back