All-Star Blinged Out Nca Jackets

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

dz9gky.gif
you're like a year behind... but I'm sure that's the story of your life.

I am having her old uniform made into a throw pillow which is sorta fun. :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
I'd love to see a picture of that when it is finished. We have several uniforms that I'd like to preserve in some way. I've thought about shadow boxing just the tops in one display case since they are all part of cp's past, but am intrigued by the throw pillow idea.

I'd love to see a picture of that when it is finished. We have several uniforms that I'd like to preserve in some way. I've thought about shadow boxing just the tops in one display case since they are all part of cp's past, but am intrigued by the throw pillow idea.

Just PM'd you. I'll post CP's here when its finished. :)

That's a great idea with the medals. Wish I would have thought of doing that. Mine has shelves with hooks underneath and she had her medals all hanging from them. She has them sorted by EP though not by year.

When we had ribbon in our label maker we did that with the medals (labeled month/year). I never thought division and level on jackets. I need to do that. even if just on the tag with a permanent marker.

Id love to see that too! What a great idea!

Thanks for the additional ideas too! I like the idea of adding division, year, etc. She has many, many other jackets too so maybe I would experiment with one she has multiple of as suggested.

Appreciate the thoughts.

That's what I'm doing...
Her 1st one was such and emotional win I wouldn't want to mess it up! Maybe if she wins a 2nd one I'll do that one. I did have the year and division professionally embroidered on all of her jackets so she can keep track of what year each was won. I also write the same on the back of any medals she gets.

I like this approach. CP will be competing at NCA for the Jacket for teh first time this year.... if she wins, that one will go untouched.

However, if she got another one... "It's on like neckbone" with @blingiton!!

I started with the first cheersport jacket and got the team and year she won on it. Added teams and year's until she outgrew it and then I took the next size up jacket and had them re-embroider all that info on the newest size because I knew I would never remember long term when and what team did what.

For her 1 and only NCA jacket it has team and year.......didn't occur to me "preserve" that first one because I don't like to assume that she'll ever win another one. That was in 2010 and she hasn't won another one since. Might not ever. LOL So, she's still sporting Youth Elite 2010 on that one.

I've struggled with this too because my cp wants to bling hers. I've thought of maybe blinging certain parts of it and not the whole thing. One girl from our gym, her mom spent hours and hours doing the whole back logo area and I have to say, it's pretty cool looking, and I'm not a huge bling fan. My problem is, I don't know the first thing about applying the bling and I don't know anyone who does it. So for now, I don't have to deal with it. ;)
So I guess my point of all this, maybe just do a little bling and not the whole logo? Just my opinion.

Not sure if my tag in the above post worked.

My cp's jacket is all done and she loves it! Here is a picture of the finished product. And @Cheermom1969 there is a team mom at the Cali Vegas gym that does them... so if your cp wants hers done I can give you her info!

mh4ww4.jpg

Wow! That is so beautiful! I watched the mom from our gym and it looks like so much detailed work but the finished product is worth it. :)

Back