All-Star Camp Woodward

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Emma'sCheerMom

Cheer Parent
Aug 5, 2015
who's sending their kids this summer? It's my daughters first year going, and I'm hoping some of the more experienced moms can help me figure out what to pack, and what not to pack

My daughter is registered for Week 3. This will be her 3rd time going. Her first time going she was 8 years old and she loved it. She went for one week last summer. We are still debating signing her up for Week 2.

She will be 13 and just finished 7th grade this summer. :)

Most do not bring sleeping bags. They prefer sheets and a blanket. Some bring padding like an eggshell pad for the mattress as they are thin. Woodward doesn't let you go around in just a sports bra, not even in the gym (although their videos towards the end of the summer indicate they are not enforcing it so much). So make sure she has t-shirts or tank tops for class and open gym.

We are from Florida, so it is still a bit cold for us. My daughter didn't go into the pool at all on her trip last summer (week 3 also). We ordered her a Woodward sweatshirt in advance and she brought leggings to wear in the cooler temp in the evenings. If she wants to horseback ride or do the ropes course, she will need sneakers. My daughter made the mistake once of going to the ropes course with sandals and was turned away for obvious reasons.

I sent her with two towels for one week. I went to the baby section of Target and bought the cheap, thin baby washcloth that if she lost or threw away it wouldn't matter. It was a six pack so she had a clean washcloth for for each day to wash her face, etc. Most girls use regular suitcases or duffle bags, not the expensive trunks you can find online for summer camp. We fly up, but if you can bring snacks, they say that is a good thing to bring. I gave my daughter a daily limit at the canteen of $12.00 per day so she could get a smoothie and a candy bar/chips.

Pack and extension cord in case her bed is not near an outlet so she can charge her phone and have her phone in her bunk (if cord is long enough). Cabins are pre-assigned, then beds are first come first serve. We pack a shower caddy for her to take into the showers with the travel size shampoos. I filled up the travel bottles bought from Target and it was more than enough for a week.

The first year we overpacked. Last summer she probably still overpacked but not quite as bad.

Last edited:
Bumping up, anyone going this year know if they are still doing themed days? I found last years list but can't find this years

From their web site it looks like the theme days repeat:

WOODWARD CHEER THEME DAYS

Monday: HOT MESS MONDAY: Dress mix-matched, hair messy, Like you just woke up.

Tuesday: ALL-STAR TUESDAY: Represent your favorite All-Star Team

Wed.: WEAR PINK WEDNESDAY: Dress in your favorite Woodward Clothing, we also wear pink!

Th.: THROWBACK Th. 80'S STYLE: Dress up in your favorite 80's outfit, whether it's neon leggings and long shirts like Flashdance or rock the bandanas and cut off tees like the famous 80's hair bands!

Fri.: GOAL FRI.: Be sure to write down all your goals on a t-shirt or on your body so your coaches can sign off when you get your goal.

Woodward Camp - Cheer

The page has the 2016 dates and guest, but you never know. You could e mail and ask them.

I wish my kid didn't love Woodward so much because their customer service is just awful.

Is anyone's child wanting to go but not registered yet? I have a couple $100 off cards for first time campers.

The themes are the same as last year. My CP was just there for week three and we may be sending he back for week 9. She got TAPped but she can't attend week 10-12 because she already missed two weeks of practice for Woodward and our family vacation (technically only three practices since the gym closed for July 4th).

I wish my kid didn't love Woodward so much because their customer service is just awful.

Omg yes!!!! My daughter just went for the first time this year. She loved it but I 100% agree with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back