All-Star Cea Chicago

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are you just gonna throw shade at every gym or ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm fairly certain he's (I think it's a he) the coach of 2 very talented and well known level 5 teams at WC freehold (don't know for sure though) so I doubt he was shading WC haha, just stating that they want their 2 newer locations to be even more successful before they'd start to expand more.

I would be fine with requiring ALL level athletes to get a waiver to leave a gym once competition season starts. I feel very bad for the kids and parents of the kids that are staying on the teams that possibly half of their team is leaving. Now they will have to rework the routines and all right before NCA. And by now I am sure that the teams were preforming like a machine and they have to start all over. It's a shame.

No offense intended, I don't think my point came across correctly. I'm not saying a branded gym does equal those things by any means, but I have been involved in cheer in the northwest for the last fourteen years and besides 2008 and 2012 I haven't seen any northwest teams place at any major competition (worlds, NCA, cheersport, etc). The northwest teams are good regionally, but not nationally. I would like to see that change. No offense intended, I would love to see Washington or Oregon or any northwest team do well on the national scene. All I'm saying is nothing has changed in the last fourteen years, why not bring in a branded gym and see if it would make a difference?

Thank you for clarifying. I still disagree with you we don't do well nationally and nothing has changed...but it's your viewpoint and opinion so I can't really tell you that you're wrong :p (and again, I don't really follow Oregon teams so I have no idea how they do Nationally).

Washington has South Elite who won at UCA last year and has sent multiple teams to finals at Summit. REACT has sent teams to finals at Summit and will be heading to Palm Springs and NCA this year. Connect has sent teams to finals at Summit and placed high at USA Nationals/Jamz. Most of the World's teams here go to World's on paid or partial paid bids. Ice Queens have been absolutely amazing the last couple of years.

Speaking for my gym only - we are choosing not to travel to "big" national competitions such as Cheersport and NCA because of the cost associated with it, not because we would've place well. We feel that California and Vegas can provide a fairly "big" national competition for much cheaper and we can save money for sending teams to Summit. I wish we could go to NCA though. It get's talked about almost every year but we decide against it.

If the gym is in Aurora, they can hardly call it Chicago. It's more like CEA Illinois...
Soon as I saw it said Chicago I was thinking what suburb it would be in. Its like how a ton of people from the suburbs say they're from Chicago and they're not.

People do that in MA like, they say oh I'm from Boston but really they live like 4 hours south or West of Boston I'm like... uh yeah I know where Worcester is haahah you can say it lol

I live an hour from the Los Angeles city limit. I would never in a million years say I'm from LA. Yuck. Nope. Not.

I live an hour from the Los Angeles city limit. I would never in a million years say I'm from LA. Yuck. Nope. Not.
One of my friends lives about an hour outside of Chicago yet she tells people shes from Chicago. Like no. Just say you're from the suburbs of Chicago. Its not hard.

Well the parents meeting is in Aurora, but does that mean the gym is too? Maybe it's in a different location and this is just for information...

Back