All-Star Cheer Alliance 16 Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'd go to this. Sounds fun.

You can do NYC for a fraction of the price you think you can if you are flexible and are willing to make tiny sacrifices. Really just convience vs cost stuff. NYC can be very affordable.

I'm not sure that will make it easy for people that aren't from NJ/NY to get around and figure it all out that time of year. I think for most cheer parents it would be overwhelming not to mention expensive. I hope people don't think if they stay in Jersey they will drive into the city. I loathe the city on weekends in December but maybe that is just me!

A friend in TX did a quick airfare check and I think she was finding $900+ per ticket. Ouch.

**Urban dictionary may change the game for naming teams**

I'm not sure that will make it easy for people that aren't from NJ/NY to get around and figure it all out that time of year. I think for most cheer parents it would be overwhelming not to mention expensive. I hope people don't think if they stay in Jersey they will drive into the city. I loathe the city on weekends in December but maybe that is just me!
Tourists obviously like it. They go see the tree, look at the windows, etc. For the rest of us it is pure misery unless you are avoiding 34th street and up; I usually stay away from Thanksgiving through New Years if I can help it, and if not, I go to where I need to be as early as possible and get out just as quickly. Staying in NJ, driving in, and then parking by the Javits Center may actually not be a horrible option, just expensive for parking. And I was surprised to see that there are quite a number of walkable fast food and sit down restaurants nearby, I did not think that there were:
The 10 Best Restaurants Near Jacob Javits Convention Center

I paid $12 for parking last year. There is a link off the Javitts center site to a garage which is three blocks away, and it worked great.

Most of us were dreading going in for the original version of the comp last year, but it ended up being very pleasant event.

My guess is that The people who will potentially have the most challenges are the ones going for the prom. Getting in on a Friday at any time of the year is hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I paid $12 for parking last year. There is a link off the Javitts center site to a garage which is three blocks away, and it worked great.

Most of us were dreading going in for the original version of the comp last year, but it ended up being very pleasant event.

My guess is that The people who will potentially have the most challenges are the ones going for the prom. Getting in on a Friday at any time of the year is hard.

You know that it will be raised to at least a $30 "flat rate for event" scam this time around!
I love heading into the city on a Friday afternoon...said no one ever :p. And at least you NJ peeps come in on the west side to begin with. We LI'ers have to go all the way crosstown (gasp!).

Yes!! It is a lot easier for nj peeps to get there.i posted about it earlier but another option that many took was to take the ferry. Kids ride free during weekends on December.

Hi everyone, I am new here! But I was wondering if the "Alliance" reminds anyone of like the Royal Family or "Dons" of the Mafia hahah . I mean this all in fun. I am from one of these gyms. I think it's just funny I could just picture all the gun owners sitting around a table with serious faces discussing all of this. Lol ahahaha Just a silly image in my head.

For the serious question. Does anyone know if there is a prize for the winner of the Main Event Competition? For example CL gave charity money & this year is giving cash. Thanks! ❤️

A friend in TX did a quick airfare check and I think she was finding $900+ per ticket. Ouch.

I just did a quick check on Priceline from DFW to LaGuardia and I'm getting $275-$350/person nonstop. Was your friend searching out of some somewhere else in Texas?

Yes!! It is a lot easier for nj peeps to get there.i posted about it earlier but another option that many took was to take the ferry. Kids ride free during weekends on December.

Kids also ride free on nj transit trains on the weekends.

I just did a quick check on Priceline from DFW to LaGuardia and I'm getting $275-$350/person nonstop. Was your friend searching out of some somewhere else in Texas?

Texas. Not sure what airport though

Im probably in the minority here, but i dont get the point of adding another selective competition. I mean we already have the majors and champions league, which basically has the same teams year after year.
Im curious as to what is the factor that draws all these big name gyms in.

Im probably in the minority here, but i dont get the point of adding another selective competition. I mean we already have the majors and champions league, which basically has the same teams year after year.
Im curious as to what is the factor that draws all these big name gyms in.
Although I don't necessarily disagree with you about adding more selective, non-bid competitions, I do like the concept and think having 1 or 2 is a great thing. Cheer Alliance is basically replacing Champions League. Sadly, Champions League was a major failure in many aspects, which is so disappointing to me because I thought the first year was such a great experience. CL is trying to stay afloat this year, but the league teams have moved to Cheer Alliance.

It made some sense to me with CL since it was normally around prom season and many worlds athletes miss their own proms due to worlds. But now, in December, I agree.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Girls miss Prom for worlds? That sucks, I didn't even realize that was a thing.

Girls miss Prom for worlds? That sucks, I didn't even realize that was a thing.

Oh yeah. They're both towards the end of the school year, and even if its not the same weekend, they probably have practice the entire weekend of prom.

Back