All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do your super seniors pay full tuition (specifically World's teams)? Boys and Girls?

Also, do your international teams pay the same as your other worlds teams?

I see the struggle of our college aged dancers to pay their fees and am curious if you run into the same issues. Or if since you're such a large program, you do a bit of robbing Peter to pay Paul to make it easier on them.

Another question, I noticed this year (maybe it's been different for a while) that Cheetah's take 2 count dips on their double downs. Choreography change, or change in how you're teaching technique? I always thought the 1-count dips were a CA thing.

PS- Their routine this year is absolutely incredible and seems very different as far as style. New choreographer?

Do your super seniors pay full tuition (specifically World's teams)? Boys and Girls?

Also, do your international teams pay the same as your other worlds teams?

I see the struggle of our college aged dancers to pay their fees and am curious if you run into the same issues. Or if since you're such a large program, you do a bit of robbing Peter to pay Paul to make it easier on them.

In the past, they have generally paid the same price. This coming season, there will be a discount for athletes who have already graduated from high school.

Another question, I noticed this year (maybe it's been different for a while) that Cheetah's take 2 count dips on their double downs. Choreography change, or change in how you're teaching technique? I always thought the 1-count dips were a CA thing.

PS- Their routine this year is absolutely incredible and seems very different as far as style. New choreographer?

I don't coach that team any more, so I'm not sure what their specific reason was. They have basically the same choreographers as in the past - we are just always trying to update our style.

@BlueCat, speaking of do you coach any worlds team anymore or mostly stick to the administrative side?
I mostly coached before the Worlds era started. However, I did coach Wildcats and Cheetahs in 2012, then just Cheetahs in 2013. I mostly stick to the admin stuff at this point.

Last edited:
@BlueCat I've noticed that across the board, regardless of division, the flyers at CA have incredible flexibillity. Out of curiosity, is this an expectation from coaches/owners or are these athletes taking it upon themselves?

@BlueCat I've noticed that across the board, regardless of division, the flyers at CA have incredible flexibillity. Out of curiosity, is this an expectation from coaches/owners or are these athletes taking it upon themselves?
I would think that it is a combination of the two. Flexibility is one of the main factors we now look at for selecting flyers. I believe the athletes are well aware of that and spend time working on their flexibility - even beyond the time we spend on it during practices.

One thing i can say about CA worlds teams is that... their choreo differs from every other gym in the world, AS WELL as each team... i think the closest routines have came together was in 2014 when the Cheetahs, Panthers, and Wildcats all had the same layout of routine (like how it was stunts - pyramid - running tumbling - dance). Do you guys ever get overwhelmed when it comes to choreo? Do you guys usually brain storm a whole routine or do you brain storm a little and then just add things that come to mind as you teach choreography?

Another question - Cheetahs have very GREAT transitions, as they've always had. Would you say coming up with transitions are easy or difficult?

ONE MORE - Sorry lol. But, do the branch gyms (Austin, Charlotte, etc) have in house choreographers as well?

One thing i can say about CA worlds teams is that... their choreo differs from every other gym in the world, AS WELL as each team... i think the closest routines have came together was in 2014 when the Cheetahs, Panthers, and Wildcats all had the same layout of routine (like how it was stunts - pyramid - running tumbling - dance). Do you guys ever get overwhelmed when it comes to choreo? Do you guys usually brain storm a whole routine or do you brain storm a little and then just add things that come to mind as you teach choreography?

Another question - Cheetahs have very GREAT transitions, as they've always had. Would you say coming up with transitions are easy or difficult?

ONE MORE - Sorry lol. But, do the branch gyms (Austin, Charlotte, etc) have in house choreographers as well?

Coming up with great choreo is always a huge task. I think the process is a little different for each team and choreographers, but it typically starts with coming up with the overall flow of the routine and then work out the details. Transitions are definitely tough - making them looks smooth and easy is much more difficult that people would think.

The various gyms primarily do the choreo in-house, although we share ideas back and forth between all gyms to an extent.

Latest posts

Back