All-Star Cheer Hair Ponytail Extensions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Every year I tell myself I just need to get one of these things.....our gym requires teased curls. I normally just use curlformers because literally the only two things I can do with hair is straighten it and put it in a ponytail. I've also noticed that any of the companies making the hairpieces tease it way bigger than what our gym would want. Is there a way to get a little less tease and would I be able to somehow still use Curlformers in it?
Pinups will work with you on the amount of tease you want and since its human hair, you can curl it.

Every year I tell myself I just need to get one of these things.....our gym requires teased curls. I normally just use curlformers because literally the only two things I can do with hair is straighten it and put it in a ponytail. I've also noticed that any of the companies making the hairpieces tease it way bigger than what our gym would want. Is there a way to get a little less tease and would I be able to somehow still use Curlformers in it?
You don't need to use curlformers, you can use a regular curling iron (and use a hot one, doesn't matter!). You can also use a flat iron to curl it. The curls stay in for a whole weekend competition, then just touch up between comps!

FYI, if you are considering ordering from either company, be aware of the lead time. Posh isn't taking any more orders until November, and Pinups is a 6-8 week turnaround right now, according to their websites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My child also has dark blonde hair with highlights, we ordered a Posh last year and she matched my child's hair perfectly! It saves so much time getting ready and finally no damage to my CP's hair!

We buy from a regular beauty supply, never costs me more than 20 bucks. Takes 5 mins to put in her hair!
IMG_1765.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We buy from a regular beauty supply, never costs me more than 20 bucks. Takes 5 mins to put in her hair!
IMG_1765.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I can't see the picture, but at that price it has to be synthetic, and that can't be curled and doesn't tease well. We had a synthetic linty we paid about that for that we used for dance and it wouldn't do what I needed.

I can't find CP's hair color anywhere locally but Sally's. I spent hours hitting all the local stores and unless you have very dark, platinum blonde, or bleached hair with orangey undertones, they don't carry it.

I can't see the picture, but at that price it has to be synthetic, and that can't be curled and doesn't tease well. We had a synthetic linty we paid about that for that we used for dance and it wouldn't do what I needed.

I can't find CP's hair color anywhere locally but Sally's. I spent hours hitting all the local stores and unless you have very dark, platinum blonde, or bleached hair with orangey undertones, they don't carry it.
Match it at sallys and order it online maybe??

There are some beauty supply shops that sell normal blondes, but I know not all. The ones we used we were able to tease without a problem, no tangles. I like pre curled because it's simpler to do especially when you have more than one CP (like in my case I have a 7 year old who doesn't stay still long enough for me to curl anything lol). Sometimes I'll make my own with human hair. I'm a stylist and I still don't see myself paying more than 50 bucks on a ponytail piece. But to each their own. I will say though I like Pin Up Ponies with a Teases selection.

There are some beauty supply shops that sell normal blondes, but I know not all. The ones we used we were able to tease without a problem, no tangles. I like pre curled because it's simpler to do especially when you have more than one CP (like in my case I have a 7 year old who doesn't stay still long enough for me to curl anything lol). Sometimes I'll make my own with human hair. I'm a stylist and I still don't see myself paying more than 50 bucks on a ponytail piece. But to each their own. I will say though I like Pin Up Ponies with a Teases selection.
Yep. I soooo can't make my own. well naybe I could but I dont have the patience. I am cool with sending some hair to pinups and letting them do the work. I am fortunate in that I don't have to buy hair at Sally's as it is twice as expensive as the local hair shop. we love our pinups ponies and it really has saved tweets hair last season.

We got my daughter's from mobowsandponies. We went to Sally's and found the color my daughter wanted and Mady went and bought it and made the pony. It comes teased at the top (not too big) and can be curled and teased more if you want. I would post a picture of my daughter but I can't post pictures on here. :(

Back