All-Star Cheer Injury

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 20, 2013
Okay so this has been going on for awhile now but my right Hip Flexer has been really bothering me. Whenever I do jumps it kills and whenever I strech it makes it worse and sometimes if I strech it to much it hurts to do a roundoff. I use icy hot to try to make it better at practice but it dosent help. I take time off when I don't have cheer and its fine till I go back to cheer. I know you can use a foam roller but I don't have one. Should I go to the doctor? Or how should I heal it?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Okay so this has been going on for awhile now but my right Hip Flexer has been really bothering me. Whenever I do jumps it kills and whenever I strech it makes it worse and sometimes if I strech it to much it hurts to do a roundoff. I use icy hot to try to make it better at practice but it dosent help. I take time off when I don't have cheer and its fine till I go back to cheer. I know you can use a foam roller but I don't have one. Should I go to the doctor? Or how should I heal it?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

With an injury it's always best to go check it at the doctors. You never know how bad it might be...

I had a similar injury, except where I'm pretty sure I basically tore my hip flexor slightly, and I couldn't even walk for a couple days. It wasn't even cheer related. I never went to the doctor's for it, and I regret it! It bothers me still, and that was two years ago. I suggest going to see your doctor, for sure!

Is that hip the same side you lunge into the RO with?? I've been having the same problems, I think from twisting early into my lunge, overstretching my IT band/hip. Go get it checked out. I've been to physio for it and it's been amazing so far!! I roll out my IT and hip with a roller. I've got exercises to strengthen my flutes and stretches for my hip flexors. She's also done several acupuncture sessions on me, which have been the biggest help. go see a professional now before it gets worse

I had similar pain, but mine tended to shoot down my leg as well, turns out it's sciatica, which is manageable. You really should go to the doctors in case it's something more serious than a pulled muscle & until you can see someone about it I'd suggest not tumbling, jumping or over stretching it, basically don't do anything that causes pain. You really don't want to make it any worse.

Back