All-Star Cheer Perfection- New Tlc Special About Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is beyond tragic for the sport. I have seen this woman on Toddlers and Tiaras and NO WAY would I allow her anywhere near my CP in a competitive atmosphere. The way she treats her kids when the pressure is on is beyond inappropriate. I really think this is going to be the same train wreck as her episode of T and T and is really more about money and publicity than anything else.

They are going to get their 15 minutes and unfortunately WE are the ones who will give it to them. I don't think it will take off like dance moms but we will all tune in on July 11th.

Well, I have not had much of an opinion on much lately, but here goes. I actually liked the preview and am looking forward to tuning in. I think it could do more help than harm to the growth of the industry. I was excited and then disappointed with the release of Secret Diary, but this one could work.

Dance Moms and other reality tv programs get a bad rap for editing things to portray more drama, but drama draws viewers. Realistically, it is what makes people choose to tune in. My CP and every other teen/tween I know loves dance moms. CP would love to be in dance and compete against Abby Lee company (smile). I cannot afford both so she cheers. It is Dance Moms that got her obsessed with Dance. The drama did not make her change her mind. I see the same thing happening with show. Maybe they will play up the drama so they can get viewers, but it still will expose Cheer to so many viewers. Some of those viewers are going to beg mom to let them try out for All Star Cheer. As for the drama, we may not like to admit it, but there are plenty of gyms with plenty of drama. We have to take the good with the bad and keep it real.

nevermind I got it to work.. andd this is going to be terrible but we all know ere going to watch it. I wish they had chosen a more better team.. there are ways to portray cheerleading on tv in a good light and show how hard it is and how its not just sideline cheer anymore (not that there is anything wrong with sideline cheer) I just wonder why cant like even mtv or E! or even lifetime try to pick up something on a nationally ranked gym that people actually want to see!

What I personally would love to see is Disney do something focusing on the health benefits of an active lifestyle for kids and teens... I mean, they certainly have no issue taking our money at worlds and uca... A positive documentary, Disney style would be great, IMO!
Have you seen the short they did on a boy from ACE a couple of years ago? It was great: ACE Allstars on Disney Channel - YouTube

Unpopular opinion: I don't think this show will be as tragic and devastating to our sport as y'all make it out to be. I think it's time we realize that we are light years away from the general public viewing competitive cheerleading the same way as us insiders do. Yeah, it sucks. But, it's a reality we just have to accept.

Guess what? Very few people outside of the cheer world are interested in a program showcasing the very best our sport has to offer. Crazy, I know, but like or not that show would get canned mid-season. Respectable programs working hard to accomplish a common goal, all the while, keep good sportsmanship in mind=boring. People want to see drama, conflict, and stage moms. And TLC delivered.

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably cringe every time I tune in and hear how "SpiritJamFestivalShowdown is the biggest and most competitive cheer competition in the world!" or that "Susie is learning one of the most elite skills known to cheerleading: a scorpion full down!"But, ya gotta take what you can get.

It looks like actual tumbling and stunting will be shown. Maybe not in the way we'd like, but you'd be surprised how many people will watch this show and go, "Where are these girls pom-poms? Woah! Did that girl just do a flip?! Since when did cheerleaders have talent??" Call me crazy, but I think there's a silver lining to this Toddlers & Tiaras spin-off...

Am I the only one looking at the gym facility itself thinking that's it? It looks like a small gym in a small town that competes at small competitions. It looks like what I call a starter gym. Nothing over L3 and when they when Grand Champions it's because everyone else probably should have just stayed home.

Not that something like should have to be at a Rays or CA or CEA but a better gym then this looks to be would have been nice.

Back