All-Star Cheer Teams At Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 18, 2015
Out of curiosity, how many teams go to Worlds? On Average / what you think / estimate / make up the number (if you want).

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, how many teams go to Worlds? On Average / what you think / estimate / make up the number (if you want).
There are 372 bids in the US this year. Adding international teams, there's probably somewhere around 500 cheer teams.

i believed i've asked this question before but can't remember the answer. so you HAVE to get a bid to attend worlds? say an outside source... idk an alumni of the gym decided to pay a team (who hadn't received a bid)'s fees to attend worlds, can someone actually do that?

i believed i've asked this question before but can't remember the answer. so you HAVE to get a bid to attend worlds? say an outside source... idk an alumni of the gym decided to pay a team (who hadn't received a bid)'s fees to attend worlds, can someone actually do that?
You have to get a bid.

372 bids - up from 357 last year. So much for the philosophy of decreasing bids. I guess $$ talks the loudest. There will be very few U.S. senior teams who do not get a bid this year.
I don't mind teams who go "for the experience" provided they have at least the minimum skills for the level and can execute them safely. I do mind the fact that the venue is not big enough and personal safety is compromised for the sake of $$$ yet more teams will be added this year.

There should be a minimum score to get a bid. Late in the season FP bids were given to teams with scores in the 80's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i second this. i don't believe you should get a bid if you can't keep up with the rest of the teams in your division (IE a minimum score of 90, and that's not even close to average) but i feel like they should give more bids out to the IO divisions.

372 bids - up from 357 last year. So much for the philosophy of decreasing bids. I guess $$ talks the loudest. There will be very few U.S. senior teams who do not get a bid this year.
I don't mind teams who go "for the experience" provided they have at least the minimum skills for the level and can execute them safely. I do mind the fact that the venue is not big enough and personal safety is compromised for the sake of $$$ yet more teams will be added this year.

Is the new venue no longer expected to be completed by this spring?

Is the new venue no longer expected to be completed by this spring?
I'm not sure, but it won't matter either way since it's capacity is nowhere near enough to hold the current spectator size, let alone the additional that will come with additional bids.

I'm not sure, but it won't matter either way since it's capacity is nowhere near enough to hold the current spectator size, let alone the additional that will come with additional bids.

That I knew, I just figured they'd pull some scheduling shenanigans so all three venues would be operating at the same time.

I'd still like to see all bid competitions use the worlds scoresheet and have a minimum score to qualify, no matter what, no matter how late in the season and how many bids are left over.

What philosophy of decreasing bids? USASF just added an additional 6 on their own with the "Worlds Cup Race"

That I knew, I just figured they'd pull some scheduling shenanigans so all three venues would be operating at the same time.

I'd still like to see all bid competitions use the worlds scoresheet and have a minimum score to qualify, no matter what, no matter how late in the season and how many bids are left over.

It's so ridiculous that bid events don't use the same scoresheet. For international teams in particular, they have to put so much emphasis on tumbling when competing against senior teams for bids and then at worlds it's only 15% of the score sheet. It's stupid.

What philosophy of decreasing bids? USASF just added an additional 6 on their own with the "Worlds Cup Race"

It's so ridiculous that bid events don't use the same scoresheet. For international teams in particular, they have to put so much emphasis on tumbling when competing against senior teams for bids and then at worlds it's only 15% of the score sheet. It's stupid.
yes yes yes! and this (sorry) pisses me off so much! tumbling is a huge part of cheer, it kills me that USASF tries to baby sit the people across the country. no offense at all to the people who aren't cheering in the U.S., but if you can't beat them, that's not our fault. which is another reason why i hate the three team per country rule, there are so many great U.S. IOC teams that don't get to place because a team from Australia scored a 79.68 and was top for their country. i believe in being fair for everyone but this isn't being fair IMO.
once again, no offense to anyone on the boards, just stating my personal opinion.

A couple of years ago USASF when decreased the number of bids (I'm pretty sure it was over 400 at one point) and promoted the decision it was well received, so I find it interesting that they are starting to increase them again. And I agree about using the Worlds score sheet for bid events. I'm pretty sure EPIC brands has done this in the past.

Back