All-Star Cheering Wonka

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wouldn't even give a second thought to the people who are making mean-spirited twitter parodies. Since they have nothing of relevance to say, no one will follow them or pay attention to the grammatically-incorrect tweets they're spewing out.

... and P.S., for the longest time, I always read lakerfantlc's username as "laker fanatic". Am I the only one?
EVERYONE does that...TLC is my initials...:)

I wouldn't even give a second thought to the people who are making mean-spirited twitter parodies. Since they have nothing of relevance to say, no one will follow them or pay attention to the grammatically-incorrect tweets they're spewing out.

... and P.S., for the longest time, I always read lakerfantlc's username as "laker fanatic". Am I the only one?

Me too!

I still do that just cause its easier to say in my mind. :cool:

Well since this was rather obviously directed...
I'll speak for myself, since mine was one comment that really brought up that idea. Since I've surpassed the age of 12, I don't find as much joy in knowing things others don't, but maybe that's just me. Since finding out who CheeringWonka was, I don't enjoy their tweets as much. I stand by what I said, the fun of the cheer Twitter accounts is the anonymity, and not because I feel like I'm in some exclusive club of people.
Sorry, just being an honest little spade here.

ETA: not saying I'm the ONLY one this comment was directed towards, but I do fall under the people you've talked about.

Promise my post wasn't specifically directed at you or any particular poster, for that matter (though it certainly does come off that way).

I was just commenting on the constant back and forth in this thread. Someone would ask who was behind the twitter, another person would drop some sort of hint, then someone else would become upset that they were spoiling the surprise--these same people just happened to know who this elusive wonka already was.
tumblr_m32hip8rFA1ro931b.gif

Honestly, I had never heard of the cheeringwonka prior to this thread. So there was no "illusion" to be ruined. But, it's kind of like when someone says they have something to tell you then are like "nevermind, nevermind, it doesn't matter." You just HAVE to know now, even it's something really stupid.

Sorry, I'm just not buying that you were just looking out for the lucky ones who still believed in Santa. Maybe I'm too cynical, stubborn, bitter or all of the above, but regardless thanks for being an honest little spade :)

I just realized that I've been reading it wrong. I actually had to read your post a couple of times to see the difference.

I just realized that I've been reading it wrong. I actually had to read your post a couple of times to see the difference.
Hahah so glad I'm not the only one :)
But I didn't mean to totally derail the thread soo... bottom line? "Don't let the haters stop you from doin' your thaaang" laker fanatic!

Promise my post wasn't specifically directed at you or any particular poster, for that matter (though it certainly does come off that way).

I was just commenting on the constant back and forth in this thread. Someone would ask who was behind the twitter, another person would drop some sort of hint, then someone else would become upset that they were spoiling the surprise--these same people just happened to know who this elusive wonka already was.
tumblr_m32hip8rFA1ro931b.gif

Honestly, I had never heard of the cheeringwonka prior to this thread. So there was no "illusion" to be ruined. But, it's kind of like when someone says they have something to tell you then are like "nevermind, nevermind, it doesn't matter." You just HAVE to know now, even it's something really stupid.

Sorry, I'm just not buying that you were just looking out for the lucky ones who still believed in Santa. Maybe I'm too cynical, stubborn, bitter or all of the above, but regardless thanks for being an honest little spade :)

What do you mean with the last part of that? I see your point here, but I was saying for myself specifically (and I fell into the people you seem to think you slyly called out) I don't find myself to be any better of a person because I know information others do not. I find that is the case with a lot of cheerleaders, whether it be with knowing a team's stunt or music or any of that when others don't, but I am not personally like that. I have kept my feet on the ground while most cheerleaders remain with their heads so high in the clouds.

What do you mean with the last part of that? I see your point here, but I was saying for myself specifically (and I fell into the people you seem to think you slyly called out) I don't find myself to be any better of a person because I know information others do not. I find that is the case with a lot of cheerleaders, whether it be with knowing a team's stunt or music or any of that when others don't, but I am not personally like that. I have kept my feet on the ground while most cheerleaders remain with their heads so high in the clouds.

All I meant was that it seems like everyone wants to feel "cool" by being in the exclusive, "I-know-who-[insert cheer related twitter here]-is club" . But, you're right, you have a right to defend yourself since I essentially brought your character and motives into question. You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders, so there's really no reason for me to doubt what you're saying. :)

As for me, I am seriously starting to question my sanity. It is the middle of a Wednesday afternoon and I am sitting here arguing over the internet about a cheering wonka.
tumblr_m1zuch1ODC1qk1fs3.gif

Back