All-Star Cheerlebs On New Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm one of these people who enjoys watching others play video games, and the best way I can think to describe it is to compare it to watching someone play football (or cheerleading!) on tv. It's fun to watch others succeed and be at the top of their game.

I've worked at DOTA International the last two years. Holy smokes, people are serious about watching people play that game!

I watch vlogs of people just doing normal things... well most of the time they do videos about other things but do vlogs throughout the week.

I think it's the "relatability" factor that makes Vlogs and random videos successful. We see other people doing things that we like to do too and it gives us something in common. Then people see these YT stars getting famous for talking about things that the watchers like to talk about. Then the watchers think "oh, how cool, I could be famous for talking about this stuff! I'm going to keep watching this!" So watchers can live out their passions and dreams by watching other people do it on YT.

The lemons and sugar comment was by far the most disturbing.... no way there's a little girl behind that account (then again, there probably is).

I've seen people say creepy things like what's in those comments to Holden Ray, specifically the 'Daddy' comments. I even saw a Twitter page dedicated that type of thing, calling him daddy and stuff. I tweeted that it was sick and creepy and some girl had the nerve to get mad at me and say it was a joke. Sure, because that totally negates the perversion of it all.

This. In so many ways. Daddy and sugar and lemons and please block me. I'm old. Or normal. Not sure what'd be worse...

My 11 yr old son loves watching videos of people playing Minecraft. I agree with you, I just don't get how watching someone play a video game is entertaining; but fair play to those kids that make money off it.
Mine used to too (he is 12). I thought it was so bizarre but apparently there are so many kids watching those videos. His new obsession though is watching YT vids of people solving their weirdly shaped rubix cubes (I guess they're not technically cubes) and then trying to solve his own.

Mine used to too (he is 12). I thought it was so bizarre but apparently there are so many kids watching those videos. His new obsession though is watching YT vids of people solving their weirdly shaped rubix cubes (I guess they're not technically cubes) and then trying to solve his own.
When did Rubix cubes or their various versions become popular again? Both my daughter and son told me they HAD to have Rubix cubes a few months ago, that EVERYBODY has them and plays with them at school. At the bus stop the other day 6 kids were playing with them, it's so odd they've made a comeback.

When did Rubix cubes or their various versions become popular again? Both my daughter and son told me they HAD to have Rubix cubes a few months ago, that EVERYBODY has them and plays with them at school. At the bus stop the other day 6 kids were playing with them, it's so odd they've made a comeback.
Not sure, but mine started with the smaller version a few months ago, then got the regular one, and now has a set of 3 different ones - one is a pyramid, one a cube but with a different pattern on it rather than just the smaller cubes, and the third is completely insane with 9 sides and then pentagrams or something to that effect within each side.

@AlwaysLearning. Did non cp ever solve the really big one?

I like watching videos of people beating really hard Mario levels.

My son loves watching people play video games on YT. It started with him watching people play Minecraft. He plays the games, too, but tends to watch others videos a lot. His is somewhat obsessive because of his Autism. Also, my niece is a somewhat famous YT Minecrafter and my cousin is one of the presidents or owners or something of Valve. Small world...

@amy1k - how did you get involved with DOTA!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son loves watching people play video games on YT. It started with him watching people play Minecraft. He plays the games, too, but tends to watch others videos a lot. His is somewhat obsessive because of his Autism. Also, my niece is a somewhat famous YT Minecrafter and my cousin is one of the presidents or owners or something of Valve. Small world...

@amy1k - how did you get involved with DOTA!?!

It's at Key Arena!!! Don't you guys fundraise there now??? It's in August, I think. Like five days in a row.

Eta: SIX DAYS. August 8-13. It's so long. Torture, really, but I'll be working it regardless.

After reading (skimming) this thread I've decided to start recording myself sitting in meetings bored and doodling. I feel like this is something all older millennials can relate too.

As of Tuesday morning I'd already attended 3 meetings about nothing.

My friends and I always discuss how work life is nothing but a series of meetings about nothing

I'm going to become a Librarian-Leb. Libleb.

Back