All-Star Cheersport Nationals 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 9, 2010
The CHEERSPORT Staff is excited that Nationals in Atlanta, GA is only a few weeks away! In an effort to help coaches understand our cheerleading grid and score sheet, and be prepared for Atlanta, we would be happy to answer your questions on the Fierce Board.

I have two questions.... one ... in stunting do you clarify and award points based on difficulty?? What I mean is if my small sr 5 is doing a 1 1/2 twist then an extended downward inversion...THEN 1 1/4 twist to Low to high Tick Tock then high to high tick tock....THEN another team does a 1 1/2 twist and a level 4 switch up... What will score higher???

two....how heavily is tumbling weighed in respect to the overall score

on the website it says feb. 3rd at 12:00 in the afternoon. idk if it haas changed since.

Yes, the competition schedule will be posted at www.cheersport.net at noon on Friday, February 3rd.

The Coaches Packet and Parent Packet will be available online at noon on Thursday, February 2nd.

Friday practice sign ups will be available at noon on Saturday, February 4th.

I have two questions.... one ... in stunting do you clarify and award points based on difficulty?? What I mean is if my small sr 5 is doing a 1 1/2 twist then an extended downward inversion...THEN 1 1/4 twist to Low to high Tick Tock then high to high tick tock....THEN another team does a 1 1/2 twist and a level 4 switch up... What will score higher???

two....how heavily is tumbling weighed in respect to the overall score

Below are some specific details from the CHEERSPORT Scoring Grid.

The #1 criteria in all categories will determine the range of your score. Performing or not performing additional bullet points will increase or decrease your team's score within those ranges. As a result of poor or sloppy Execution of Skills / Degree of Difficulty (i.e. - Form, Timing, Technique, etc.) judges reserve the right to award a score 0.5 - 1 point below the bottom point range depending on the severity and number of poorly executed skills.

Here is the link to our complete Cheerleading Grid and Percentage Chart: http://www.cheersport.net/pdf/uploads/SRScoreGrid.pdf

Tumbling is worth 20 points out of a possible 150; Standing Tumbling is 10 points and Running Tumbling is 10 points.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call the CHEERSPORT office at 1-888-Ready-Ok.

Below are some specific details from the CHEERSPORT Scoring Grid.

The #1 criteria in all categories will determine the range of your score. Performing or not performing additional bullet points will increase or decrease your team's score within those ranges. As a result of poor or sloppy Execution of Skills / Degree of Difficulty (i.e. - Form, Timing, Technique, etc.) judges reserve the right to award a score 0.5 - 1 point below the bottom point range depending on the severity and number of poorly executed skills.

Here is the link to our complete Cheerleading Grid and Percentage Chart: http://www.cheersport.net/pdf/uploads/SRScoreGrid.pdf

Tumbling is worth 20 points out of a possible 150; Standing Tumbling is 10 points and Running Tumbling is 10 points.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call the CHEERSPORT office at 1-888-Ready-Ok.

Wow tumbling is only worth 13% of the total points if I read this correctly?

Wow tumbling is only worth 13% of the total points if I read this correctly?

Tumbling (running & standing combined) is essentially worth the same as Parter Stunts and Pyramids. It's a really nicely balanced scoresheet. Also, the scoring grids, which Cheersport linked above, truly do show you how to max out in each and every technical category. Makes it nice and easy for those who take the time to do their homework.

http://www.cheersport.net/pdf/uploads/ASpanel.pdf

Please say all the Level 5 teams wont be performing around the same time frame?! It was so hard to see everyone perform last year with it being like that

Please say all the Level 5 teams wont be performing around the same time frame?! It was so hard to see everyone perform last year with it being like that

We understand that spectators want to see all 100+ World Bid eligible teams and we certainly wish we could make that happen. However, based on the large numbers of bids we award and the process it takes to make sure we award the bids to the most deserving teams, we need for the teams to compete within a relatively small time window. We hope everyone gets to see all of their favorites but if you miss someone, it will be available at www.CHEERSPORT.tv within minutes of their performance.

Don't warm ups begin an hour and a half before taking the floor? Why?

The warm-up room is the biggest I've ever seen. It goes forever and you have a ton of time on each mat.

Don't warm ups begin an hour and a half before taking the floor? Why?

CHEERSPORT wants each team to have plenty of warm up time so they feel prepared to compete. Teams report to warm up an hour and 10 minutes before their performance time. Teams get 8 minutes to stretch, 8 minutes to stunt, 8 minutes on a 75 foot spring tumble track, 8 minutes on a full size non-spring floor, a 4 minute water break, and 4 minutes on a spring floor with music. That gives teams 36 minutes of actual mat time in warm up. Teams get 20 minutes to go through the BC Connector to be in the backstage area and then are in the holding area for 10 minutes. This gives teams plenty of time to use the extra mats if needed, go to the bathroom, get water, and not be rushed at all heading to backstage.

Yeah I know! But how long is it between the final warm up floor and taking the competition floor?

Like they posted above, it's about 20 minutes between final mat and performance.

Back