All-Star Cheersport Nationals More Important To Atlanta Than Nba All-star Game

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't think anyone said it was a bad thing. My concerns are with the powers that be who will use this as their defense to STP and insist that STP saved cheerleading and we will continue to be forced to pay triple the standard rate for hotels. If Cheersport brings so much money to Atlanta (and I believe it does), then we don't need STP to anchor the date and location.
Exactly! The hotels know when it is happening and can rely on good ole supply and demand rather than someone else stepping in to take a share of their profit.

Pretty much every event you hold in a city now is doing something along the lines of STP. Because of priceline and hotline and the ability to sell off hotels if you want to guarantee hotel rooms for your group you gotta commit. I have held small (20 person) groups and we have to guarantee rooms will be used.

Pretty much every event you hold in a city now is doing something along the lines of STP. Because of priceline and hotline and the ability to sell off hotels if you want to guarantee hotel rooms for your group you gotta commit. I have held small (20 person) groups and we have to guarantee rooms will be used.
I have done the 20 room thing with guarantee as well. The thing is those prices typically worked out better than the current STP arrangements. It is what it is. Glad my kiddos are just killing me with college tuition now because youth sports are really getting out of control.

I have done the 20 room thing with guarantee as well. The thing is those prices typically worked out better than the current STP arrangements. It is what it is. Glad my kiddos are just killing me with college tuition now because youth sports are really getting out of control.

It is important you mention youth sports because this is not just a cheer thing. People are making their entire careers about coaching up youth sports in some capacity. To specialize and make it your career you have to charge more but the instruction level goes up. So therefor the price of youth sports goes up. As long as everyone is clear what the price is, what they are getting, and setting realistic expectations I tend not to think cheer is overly expensive for what you get. But I in no way expect scholarships for cheer from all of the allstar.

As well everyone should send their kids to computer camp. Want the biggeset fastest ROI on skills? Learn to program. Learn to program early.

It is important you mention youth sports because this is not just a cheer thing. People are making their entire careers about coaching up youth sports in some capacity. To specialize and make it your career you have to charge more but the instruction level goes up. So therefor the price of youth sports goes up. As long as everyone is clear what the price is, what they are getting, and setting realistic expectations I tend not to think cheer is overly expensive for what you get. But I in no way expect scholarships for cheer from all of the allstar.

As well everyone should send their kids to computer camp. Want the biggeset fastest ROI on skills? Learn to program. Learn to program early.
I definitely include other youth sports...honestly the whole "industry" of youth sports. However I think the cost of cheer has billowed out of control faster than in other sports. I don't think coaching costs are out of line. But all the extras (new uniforms all the time, practice gear, travel) have pushed the overall price tag of cheer into a new zone that is definitely pricing rational people out.

I definitely include other youth sports...honestly the whole "industry" of youth sports. However I think the cost of cheer has billowed out of control faster than in other sports. I don't think coaching costs are out of line. But all the extras (new uniforms all the time, practice gear, travel) have pushed the overall price tag of cheer into a new zone that is definitely pricing rational people out.
I agree. The coaching costs are actually reasonable, if not a bargain given the amount of instruction we get. I don't think I've ever heard anyone argue about those. It's everything else that's driving people out.

Semi-unrelated but they really screwed me up with this location change. I'm the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding in April. We have a bachelorette booked in New Orleans that same weekend, and I was excited to get out of Charlotte while it was going on. Flights we're already expensive and I was waiting for them to go down. They announced they were pulling out and headed to NOLA and within 15 minutes flights were already up over $600 -_____-

Cheer also isn't just limited to school aged kids either. Some athletes are competing well into their 20s AS. If an athlete just cheers college they're still giving the same company their money for four more years. Then some do both. This is why cheer continues to be a money maker because they have a hand in all the pots.

Here is another crazy thing to think about: Cheer is so important to Disney and their winter/spring attendance that they are building a cheer specialty venue. All this while overall park attendance and hotel occupancy have been down significantly over the last 12 months.

Here is another crazy thing to think about: Cheer is so important to Disney and their winter/spring attendance that they are building a cheer specialty venue. All this while overall park attendance and hotel occupancy have been down significantly over the last 12 months.
Disney is not building the arena. Varsity is teaming up with ESPN to build the arena which leads me to believe they are likely financing at least a portion of it, so not so crazy. This is an excerpt from one of the press releases:
"ESPN Wide World of Sports is planning to team up with the nation’s top cheerleading
organization, Varsity Spirit, to create the first venue in the world specifically designed for
cheerleading and dance team competitions."

Disney is not building the arena. Varsity is teaming up with ESPN to build the arena which leads me to believe they are likely financing at least a portion of it, so not so crazy. This is an excerpt from one of the press releases:
"ESPN Wide World of Sports is planning to team up with the nation’s top cheerleading
organization, Varsity Spirit, to create the first venue in the world specifically designed for
But really ESPN=Disney so it's kinda sorta the same thing. But I have no doubt that it's primarily Varsity behind all of it.

My understanding is Varsity is helping design it, but Disney owns and is paying for most if not all of the construction. Disney is absolutely building the arena.

Back