All-Star Cheersport Tips For First Timers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm staying at the Sheraton and I wish that it wasn't so far away so my mom wouldn't have to pay for a parking pass ): even though the hotel is downtown it feels like an hour long car ride when shes nagging about how much it is to park... lol

fortheloveofTNT said:
I'm staying at the Sheraton and I wish that it wasn't so far away so my mom wouldn't have to pay for a parking pass ): even though the hotel is downtown it feels like an hour long car ride when shes nagging about how much it is to park... lol

Have a nice conversation with her and maybe the ride will go quicker

It might be quicker (and cheaper) walking from the Sheraton. The traffic is always crazy down there.

It might be quicker (and cheaper) walking from the Sheraton. The traffic is always crazy down there.
it looks like a super long walk though lol. or i think we might ride some sort of train/bus . But if it's nice down there then the walk might not seem that terrible.

it looks like a super long walk though lol. or i think we might ride some sort of train/bus . But if it's nice down there then the walk might not seem that terrible.

We stayed at the Sheraton back when we were still at KE and walked it. You're young, you can do it!

We're staying at the W this year. I wish we were staying at the Loews again!!! I loved that hotel <3 I especially loved seeing Mario Lopez in our hotel and the same time as us!

Have fun! I only ever got to compete there once, but I still love going to watch my little sister and all the amazing teams :)

It's against GWCC policy. But as long as you don't roll in a cooler, I don't think it will be an issue.

lol - i just want to really bring in a couple of waters and cp is a mini so she keeps snacks in her cheer bag. i can picture someone rolling a cooler in though!

Last year it took over an hour for our athletes to get to the GWCC from 5 blocks away, traffic wasn't moving at all. I don't remember if there was an accident or if it was just a tie up, but it was stressful, the coaches were freaking out. I was a team mom and I kept getting texts from parents and kids saying they were tied up in traffic on their way to check in.

are the seats hard? do i need a seat cushion??

If I remember correctly, they are just those folding metal chairs. My biggest surprise about Cheersport was that it isn't a 'park yourself and settle in to watch' competition. It's not like Jamfest Supernationals, where you get cozy and occasionally go to another arena to watch someone. Everyone is everywhere. My first year at Cheersport, I missed Shooting Stars, because they were in an arena 5 away from where I was and I just couldn't bear to muddle through the pedestrian traffic. That's how bad it was. I think small senior 5 was in arena A and they were in Arena F or G.

Back