All-Star Cheersport Tips For First Timers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Has anyone ever rode the Marta ? My mom thinks that it wil be some sort of adventure ?! Lol but the less money we spend the better.

Has anyone ever rode the Marta ? My mom thinks that it wil be some sort of adventure ?! Lol but the less money we spend the better.

Yes. It's not bad at all! We even took our Senior team and all rode together from the airport to the hotel, then to the GWCC. Fairly easy to use.

They have opened up the yellow lot which is across from building C. The competition is in buildings B and C. The red lot is directly across from B but it is full. It may still be a walk from C but you would at least be inside while you walk. The weather is supposed to be 61 and sunny on Friday but 54 with showers on Saturday. Too bad it wasn't last weekend, it was 70 and sunny - figures!

It's very simple. Only 2 lines, one N/S the other E/W. The most complicated thing about it is remembering that it is simply called Marta, not THE Marta!

Last year it took over an hour for our athletes to get to the GWCC from 5 blocks away, traffic wasn't moving at all. I don't remember if there was an accident or if it was just a tie up, but it was stressful, the coaches were freaking out. I was a team mom and I kept getting texts from parents and kids saying they were tied up in traffic on their way to check in.

It wasn't an accident, just congestion!

We'll be on the way from Buckhead at about 6:15am, Mapquest says about 15 mins. Do you think there will be significant traffic that early?
I doubt it ... but I've never had a tiny or a mini ... so never been there that early!

Okay, so I don't know what has already been said so I'm just going to post a couple things that I learned last year!

• There is a back enterance to warmups/practice area in between two the halls DON'T be silly and walk the 3 miles (exaggeration) to get there!
  • Wear comfortable shoes because its A LOT of walking!!
  • Go to the Cheer Sport mall as SOON as you get there (like FRIDAY) because all of the "must haves" are gone by Saturday!
  • Relax and breathe in the warm up/practice area - its overwhelming!
  • It always runs on time - so IF you are on time you will probably hit the team mid performance!
  • Awards is INSANE - parents you have a hike to get there so leave in plenty of time!
  • Don't think its weird to see air mattresses and people sleeping throughout the day - LOL
  • Behind the convention center at night is NOT a safe place at dusk/night, I repeat its NOT SAFE so don't walk alone!
  • Be prepared to get lost in the time and miss teams - I'm setting alerts on my phone!!
  • Athletes - be where you are suppose to be when you are suppose to be there if not earlier!!
  • Have fun, some of my favorite memories of last year came from this comp!!

Last year it took over an hour for our athletes to get to the GWCC from 5 blocks away, traffic wasn't moving at all. I don't remember if there was an accident or if it was just a tie up, but it was stressful, the coaches were freaking out. I was a team mom and I kept getting texts from parents and kids saying they were tied up in traffic on their way to check in.

I remember that, there was a circus at the CNN Arena and some sort of political protest at Centennial Park.. AWFUL!

Back