All-Star Christmas Gifts For Coaches

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Amie815

Cheer Parent
Mar 2, 2015
Coaches...what are your favorite gifts you have received from your athletes for holidays? Parents...what have been your favorite gifts to give?

To be honest, when I was a coach, the money wasn't great. A gift card/ cash, and a card/picture signed by everyone on the team was the perfect gift to me.

Giftcards are always great! I also love handwritten notes from kiddos, I have kept all of the ones I've ever received!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a great idea. It give the best of both - meaningful and useful!

Coaches...what are your favorite gifts you have received from your athletes for holidays? Parents...what have been your favorite gifts to give?
Handmade/Handwritten gifts, ornaments (I write the name and year on it so I always remember), Starbucks cards.

Agree with above... cash and gift cards are always appreciated! Even better when the gift card is to a place I love. One family last year gave me a flip flop shop gift card because they noticed I pretty much live in flip flops. Another gave me a disney gift card with a note to buy something nice for myself at nationals. One family gave me one to my favorite sandwich shop, because they noticed I came in with a drink cup from there a lot. Pay attention to what the coach likes. I get a lot of starbucks cards but I don't actually like coffee. If you're not sure what they like, visa cards, gas cards and grocery cards are always a safe bet!

I also love photo type gifts, notes, and things of that nature.

I would avoid candles and bath products (soap type stuff) unless you know their favorite scents. I give away A LOT of bath sets and candles because I'm not a fan of the scent. They're almost always holiday, Christmas-y, cinnamon type scents and I personally don't care for those.

I do a lot of theater and we always have get the directors something at the end of the shows run. One of the favorites is always a signed cast photo. We always take them as part of promotions, and it is really easy to put it in a frame with a large mat around it for signing. Then we also do a gift card for a nice place in town to eat, and often even things like a spa gift card. Nothing helps celebrate the close of a show like a nice massage or pedicure!

A gift card to a good restaurant by a competition that you go to. If female coach, check out her nails and have a kid ask where she goes to if they look like she gets them done.

A gift card to a good restaurant by a competition that you go to. If female coach, check out her nails and have a kid ask where she goes to if they look like she gets them done.

This is fantastic, I love the idea of a nail certificate! I know that I would be thrilled to receive one.

I love when I get gift cards. Dunkin, Starbucks and Wawa cards are great. Gas cards are phenomenal. Plain visa gc are gold. I've gotten so many things over the course of coaching that I just don't use.

I am doing gift cards...we have 6 coaches (includes tumbling coaches)....honestly, what would you say is the average amount most people give? $10 $25? 50? other? I know it isn't mandatory and purely discretionary but also want to be within the norm...thanks for any insight!

Back