All-Star Competition Survival Kits - Guys/males/boys

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 3, 2014
Ok! So I have seen heaps and heaps and HEAPS!! of videos and tutorials on what are in girls comp bags and survival kits for girls and young women. What I want to know is if anyone has ever done a kit for guys and what you put in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!! (The survival kits i'm talking about are the ones with like tie ties and bobbie pins and hair spray ect ect ect)

I've never done one of these, but I cheered on coed teams most of my cheer career and can tell you that boys typically carried around/needed/wanted headphones for music to 'get in the zone' while stretching, maybe sports tape/medical tape/wrap (what do you call that stuff?), granola bars/protein bars, sports drinks or energy drinks.

I've never done one of these, but I cheered on coed teams most of my cheer career and can tell you that boys typically carried around/needed/wanted headphones for music to 'get in the zone' while stretching, maybe sports tape/medical tape/wrap (what do you call that stuff?), granola bars/protein bars, sports drinks or energy drinks.

That what I was thinking along the lines of cause I don't really see guys needing bobbi pins or make-up wipes haha
Added: but yeah we've never really done pre-comp gifts or anything and this is the first year our gym has thought about it. I'm doing one for my girls but one of our other coaches is thinking over doing kits for her co-ed team so yeah

That what I was thinking along the lines of cause I don't really see guys needing bobbi pins or make-up wipes haha
Added: but yeah we've never really done pre-comp gifts or anything and this is the first year our gym has thought about it. I'm doing one for my girls but one of our other coaches is thinking over doing kits for her co-ed team so yeah
Thats so fun, I miss those! haha

Yea, depending on how old they are things change a little but theyre ALWAYS happy with snacks and energy drinks no matter how old they are I think haha. I cheered coed starting on my youth 2 all the way back in 2004-2005 all the way up to my SSC5 days, and things dont change all that much haha. c:

Thats so fun, I miss those! haha

Yea, depending on how old they are things change a little but theyre ALWAYS happy with snacks and energy drinks no matter how old they are I think haha. I cheered coed starting on my youth 2 all the way back in 2004-2005 all the way up to my SSC5 days, and things dont change all that much haha. c:

haha I haven't cheered co-ed for a few years now, all girl for me. (and lower levels as well) Thanks for the info, I'll keep snacks and energy drinks in mind =)

No, but Tide wipes could be handy if the uniform is white/light colored. They may not wear makeup but they end up with an entire face makeup-imprint on their shoulder when they catch Suzie. (Also, some totally do wear blush/highlighter for comps. depends on your group of boys lol)

No, but Tide wipes could be handy if the uniform is white/light colored. They may not wear makeup but they end up with an entire face makeup-imprint on their shoulder when they catch Suzie. (Also, some totally do wear blush/highlighter for comps. depends on your group of boys lol)

Thanks for the info not sure if we'd have Tide wipes down under could have something similar though =)......... our guys are very much your like blocks block type guy that being said I wouldn't put it passed them to do full cheer make up if dared to haha

Ok! So I have seen heaps and heaps and HEAPS!! of videos and tutorials on what are in girls comp bags and survival kits for girls and young women. What I want to know is if anyone has ever done a kit for guys and what you put in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!! (The survival kits i'm talking about are the ones with like tie ties and bobbie pins and hair spray ect ect ect)
I keep a can of spray anti-perspirant in my bag for one of our guys who gets really sweaty palms. We spray it on his hands before warm-ups to help keep his hands dry.

Thanks for the info not sure if we'd have Tide wipes down under could have something similar though =)......... our guys are very much your like blocks block type guy that being said I wouldn't put it passed them to do full cheer make up if dared to haha
Baby wipes are a good substitute. Socks( right color for uni) , hair gel, comb. Container big enough to put a watch or jewelry in, but small enough to fit in cheer bag. Sweat towel. And maybe a brow pencil/brush. And scotch tape gets glitter off anything :)

Things I've had guys ask me for at comps:

Stain remover (Tide pen, etc.)
Aleve
Icy Hot
Bandaids
Safety pin/sewing kit
Gum

Girls are always asking to use my portable charger/external battery, so I bet that would be a big hit in a comp bag...

Back when I was a team dad all of us team parents had a gym kit we carried around for our teams. We all customized for our athletes (mine was all-girl) but knew that we could help each other out if something was missing.

I'll put a list here and change it as I remember stuff:

Athletic tape
Motrin (ibuprofen)
Tylenol
Benadryl (for allergic reactions)
A "girl kit" (in a discrete portable pouch - don't show it, just hand it to them when they have to tend to young lady needs)
Bobby pins
Hair bands
Safety pins (saves emergency uniform splits)
Crazy glue (fixes bows and uniform sequenze and stuff)
Tide bleach stick
Your team's make-up kit
First aid kid
Waters
Energy/meal bars
Snacks like fruit and little snack packs
A pouch to store rings/necklaces/earrings during competition
Spare bows
Potable charger with multiple USB inputs and/or spare chargin tips

Added from this thread:
Hairspray, gel or other product
Phone card with important numbers (other team parents, etc)- consider giving to athlete in case of emergency

I'll edit and add as required. This may help with a goody bag idea, but you'll find if the kids know you have a kit like this they will start coming to you whenever they need something.

Last edited:
Since so many people rely on cellphones these days, I've found that few people actually know important phone numbers without having them saved to contacts. It might be nice to make a laminated "phone card" with important numbers in case an athlete loses their phone or gets lost and needs to borrow someone elses.

Latest posts

Back