All-Star Crazy Cheer Parent Stories--spill 'em!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In high school I would say it's pretty normal. As officers of my dance team we always did stuff like that (with the approval of our coach), we would suggest what to wear for game day. In high school captains usually have a lot more responsibility.
I agree. We have been at two different schools. At both schools, the captains decided what uniform and bow for games, what outfit for pep rallies, who stands where in cheer lines, and even stunt groups.

Not saying that I agree with this all. We had games where we should have worn liners due to cold. We weren't able to take all the cheerleaders to basketball games. The captain had put herself and the co-captain in the same stunt group and refused to change it. She ended up having to trade with another group, but she wasn't happy.

Our problems included a first year coach who didn't quite take control. She is young and I have hope for her for next year.

@SL&AM, when you started your post I expected something so much worse! Lol Give yourself a break! They had a tough week, you were proud of them and you let it show! I see nothing wrong with this! Brush it off and move on. Next time, stand next to me...I could put you to shame when I have a crazy moment! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to youtube and search for crazy cheer mom. One is from Dallas 2011 I believe. The other one is a High School competition I believe and she looks quite intoxicated and overly supportive in her appearance.

Ok so you totally just described my week as a coach. Except we were adding a new girl wich allowed us to add difficulty and needless to say they couldn't handle the changes. So after 2 hot mess practices I called an extra practice and changed a couple parts back. Hit thier stunts and also placed 3rd. I think I had some normally calm parents go Suzie's mom crazy as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

So glad your team did well! I've never done Susie's Mom crazy before...I honestly turned 50 shades of red. They got to their pyramid and my adrenaline was going---that never, ever happens to me! I quietly film the performance and let everyone else go crazy!

@SL&AM, when you started your post I expected something so much worse! Lol Give yourself a break! They had a tough week, you were proud of them and you let it show! I see nothing wrong with this! Brush it off and move on. Next time, stand next to me...I could put you to shame when I have a crazy moment! Lol
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it, I may call out a "Go SL" before their stuff starts, but afterwards I tend to be pretty quiet.

I agree. We have been at two different schools. At both schools, the captains decided what uniform and bow for games, what outfit for pep rallies, who stands where in cheer lines, and even stunt groups.

Not saying that I agree with this all. We had games where we should have worn liners due to cold. We weren't able to take all the cheerleaders to basketball games. The captain had put herself and the co-captain in the same stunt group and refused to change it. She ended up having to trade with another group, but she wasn't happy.

Our problems included a first year coach who didn't quite take control. She is young and I have hope for her for next year.
Exactly, but I think that's all apart of the process. You're usually dealing with 17-18 year olds, so it's good to give them some leadership experience for their last year. Do they always make the best choices, no, but at the same time you can't always please everyone.

Go to youtube and search for crazy cheer mom. One is from Dallas 2011 I believe. The other one is a High School competition I believe and she looks quite intoxicated and overly supportive in her appearance.
If it's the same WCSS 2011 video that I'm thinking of then that's actually not a mom lol, just a young fan. She used to post on here, I forget what her name was.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back