All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Me and my cats feeling towards USASF
549be47912021abe9b04abaaf095658c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no excuse for the floor being wet.

That being said....

The exact SECOND that someone came back and told me the floor was wet, my kids would not have been taking that floor.

I would have raised hell.

Hindsight is 20/20 but everyone should have pow-wowed on wet floor IMMEDIATELY.

I'm not faulting anyone but doing so after the fact put everyone in an awkward position as there was no way to rectify the situation and have it be fair to all parties.

With all of THAT said, it should have been a non-issue because USASF SHOULD BE PROTECTING FLOORS/KIDS.

Prisoner's dilemma tbh.

Team X says they're not going to go, Team Y says "Sure, we'll go." Team X just forfeited.

You cannot make decisions based on what you think your opponent is going to do.

I think the OPTION of a do-over would have been a good way to do it.

Like, you can do over, but that score will replace the score you just got on wet floor.

So if you bomb, oh well. But at least we gave you the option.

I see it more like Stick It and the bra strap ;) Sometimes you just gotta take a stand. That said... we all complain about things in cheer and the reality is there is always someone to take your place... team, gym, comp and so... well nobody does a thing.

The decision to go again during Matgate 2k16 shouldn't even have been left up to the coaches. It was USASF's decision to make. Ya know, as the governing body. Them pushing it off on the coaches just seems like a "we don't feel like dealing with our mistakes so we'll let someone else make a decision." (Doesn't that sound familiar?) They put these kids and coaches in this predicament. They should've found a solution.

I don't know who said it first, but I liked the idea of having the teams go again with a 25/75 or 30/70 break up. The wet floor performance still counts but not as much.

It's even more frustratig that no one is here to hold USASF accountable because they are the head honchos.

Overall, I'm thoroughly disappointed in Worlds this year. Every year it seems to get more and more expsenive but gets worse and worse for athletes, coaches, and the families. The USASF takes in so much money in worlds alone, you can't tell me they don't have the resources to address these problems. I don't know if it's a lack of self-reflection or what but I want something to change. I tired of seeing these athletes used as pawns so USASF can play real life monopoly.

If I knew a way to get involved, as a spectator, I would. But I feel like I have zero power. I'm not a coach, athlete, gym owner or parent. Not that they have a whole lot of power either unless they unite as one - which is unlikely. The only thing I can offer is support which really does nothing.

Last edited:
So.....I think whats done is done. That being said, atleast 3 coaches/owners from very large gyms are pissed. They made that very clear last night. This is what I think should happen from here.

USASF knows the issue. The issue should not happen next year. If they choose to do nothing about it, these gyms should either decide to suck it up or boycott (which we know won't happen). If they suck it up and go compete with no changes, then its on THEM this time, not the USASF.

As for boycotting if they don't change a thing - I wouldn't. But what I would do was go out and win every paid bid I could. Then when finally getting to Worlds and nothing has changed. Do a "Stick It" type of thing. Walk out on the baseball field mat and show your bra strap, so to speak! Have your own awards with what happened on day one, and be done!

Matgate aside, what has me concerned is the failure to followthrough on their own rules, and pushing the decision to the coaches for consensus. That's like watching an NHL hockey game and questioning if it was a goal or not with the linesmen and the ref's saying to the coaches, "well...you make the call and we'll go along with what you say"?!? No, you follow your rules, you enforce the rules. You don't leave them for interpretation for others. That's leadership 101 right there.

If they can ding teams for subjective rules like giving hugs on the mat (excessive celebration), and 2 seconds being over with their music, they sure as heck should be up on following their very own safety rules that are not up for interpretation or subjectivity! If they can't enforce their own rules they have no right expecting EP's and gyms to follow them. It sets a very scary precedence that becomes very difficult to change. Pandora's box has been opened.

Just because there wasn't any major injuries doesn't mean it was safe. Last night was the equivalent of holding the event outsides with a thunder and lightening show going on. Just because nobody got struck by lightening doesn't mean it was safe. It means they were LUCKY!

I've yet to find any sport that has events being held at that time. No athlete would be expected to perform under those circumstances. Even the Olympics and Super Bowl begin at earlier times and end at a decent time. We're talking about children, and yes if you are under 18 you are still a child regardless if you fell you can stay up late and function well with little sleep. By law, under 18 is a child. All it would take is for some children's rights advocacy group to catch wind of what happened and they could be held to very high standards all of the sudden!!!! Competing beyond 11pm and on a wet surface is grounds for investigating into safety violations and possible sanctions, if those are set up.

Sports (or in this case activities) are filled with cases of teams bringing to light safety violations and voicing their concerns. If this goes unchallenged there is no room for growth in this sport (er, I mean activity).

I hope that those big 3 pissed off coaches (and any others who agree with them) bring this up again. In my ideal world, the entire cheer community would refuse to attend any USASF event until they change things.

Is there any way that this could become a legal issue? Is it possible to sue USASF for not following their rules and endangering the athletes. I know the last part is extreme but technically, someone could pull out that argument for poor condition.

Back