All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do any English Fierceboarders remember what happened years ago, when 96 Liverpool soccer fans died because of a crushing situation that could have been prevented if the police had given the Liverpool fans enough room? People literally died standing up. The documentary I saw on it was horrific. I know that I can be a dramatic person, but my worst-case scenario-imagining mind can see a deadly crushing situation happening because of taped gates. This could have been horrific. Not only that, but isn't there a possibility that Disney could face legal repercussions for something like this?

These people (USASF) really don't care and it's sickening.
Hillsborough. It's a huge deal over here, probably equal to 7/7.

Do any English Fierceboarders remember what happened years ago, when 96 Liverpool soccer fans died because of a crushing situation that could have been prevented if the police had given the Liverpool fans enough room? People literally died standing up. The documentary I saw on it was horrific. I know that I can be a dramatic person, but my worst-case scenario-imagining mind can see a deadly crushing situation happening because of taped gates. This could have been horrific. Not only that, but isn't there a possibility that Disney could face legal repercussions for something like this?

I do remember this. The trial for this just wrapped up this week. It took almost 30 years for justice to be given to those victims.

Disney and USASF could most definitely face legal repercussions for this. But they won't. No one was seriously injured. Unless someone files a complaint (with the DA?), this will not be investigated. Even if it is investigated, I doubt charges will be brought forward against anyone. The worst case scenario is Disney and maybe the USASF will be slapped with some fines for the gates being taped shut. It will be "handled" quietly by the USASF and Disney. No protocols will be put into place to ensure the mats are safe for athletes to compete on next year. Mostly likely, all that will be done is things will be changed to avoid this specific situation again next year.

Has it ever been established why LAG and COED have to go back-to-back? Since both do finals on Friday, could it not be feasible to do LAG on Saturday and COED on Sunday or vice verse? Even if this didn't cut down on spectators, use the baseball field but put the floor out right before each division (and tear it down or protect it overnight) and then use slip covers over the shoes if other areas are wet like the grass, railing...etc. Also, this would make selling specific seats a real possibility while selling to the parents of those athletes first directly after semi's and then open it to everyone else. It may cost more because of the ESPN recording, but it could eliminate the super late night---even if they kept it at 8; start at 8, use some fill ins since it's the same judging panel and have awards over by 10. For Saturday use some of the international dance teams that won that say, for Sunday do the same thing.

As you have said, those that speak out or are blackballed. Many of the people that I know that have spoken out the most publicly have been put on that list. I have seen those who were as anti Varsity/USASF as could be now happily working for them and pushing whatever product they have them pushing. As one friend told me "if they gave me what I needed to sustain my lifestyle and take care of my children, I would sell out in a second." The others who won't sell out, or join their team they minimize and marginalize saying they are just jealous they aren't winning, who are they really, etc. The sad truth is IMO most gym owners have bought into the dream of Worlds and Summit that has been sold to them and now understand that they can't financially sustain that push without major help. Who comes to bail them out? The same ones who sold them the dream of course. And that comes with a price.

The one thing we have had over the years are these social media platforms to get the word out. If we keep talking not in an attacking way, but putting information out as it comes to light, it is the best way to keep it from being a complete annihilation.

Major props to you for using "kowtowed!"
I wonder if this "keep quiet, fall in line" mentality has been inadvertently passed on to the athletes (in combination with warrior culture/mentality) which is why so many athletes were scared to speak up about the wet floors.

(hi i'm El and i'm new on fierceboard! :) )

this may be a naive thing to suggest, but has anyone considered starting a petition? even just to ask usasf to have all events inside next year and to ensure that all events occur during sociable hours? again that may be naive of me to suggest, but still. i love a good petition

Has it ever been established why LAG and COED have to go back-to-back? Since both do finals on Friday, could it not be feasible to do LAG on Saturday and COED on Sunday or vice verse? Even if this didn't cut down on spectators, use the baseball field but put the floor out right before each division (and tear it down or protect it overnight) and then use slip covers over the shoes if other areas are wet like the grass, railing...etc. Also, this would make selling specific seats a real possibility while selling to the parents of those athletes first directly after semi's and then open it to everyone else. It may cost more because of the ESPN recording, but it could eliminate the super late night---even if they kept it at 8; start at 8, use some fill ins since it's the same judging panel and have awards over by 10. For Saturday use some of the international dance teams that won that say, for Sunday do the same thing.

USASF probably thinks it can more easily sell tickets to just that session if they're together, rather than if they're separate?

I have no doubt about it.
I remember reading in an article that said the later half of the 'milennial' generation (those who are about 16-22) are so beaten down that if something like the Vietnam War happened they wouldn't even protest. They'd just meekly accept it and never fight. I can't remember what article or how long ago, but it was definitely a thing.

Yes, I'm from Liverpool, lived here my whole life and a classmate of mine died at Hillsborough. The past 27 years have been nothing but lies, cover ups and smear campaigns from the police, media, government and even the Prime Minister of the day Maggie Thatcher *SPIT*. Finally on Tuesday we had the truth come out and my city celebrated, remembered and mourned together.

Worlds is a diminished scale but I could see the usasf/Varsity cover up, just like we've had to endure. I wouldn't wish even a small part of this on anyone, I really hope usasf gets their shizzle together PDQ before something catastrophic happens.

The architects of the Hillsborough stadium have been found negligent, the police (right up to the top) have been found guilty of "unlawful killings" and cover ups. This isn't over for us-it's only just starting, but if the design of Hillsborough has been found as a contributory factor then taped gates certainly would be!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

guys, usasf just announced how they're going to handle the situation:

Hi_Res.jpg

Yes, I'm from Liverpool, lived here my whole life and a classmate of mine died at Hillsborough. The past 27 years have been nothing but lies, cover ups and smear campaigns from the police, media, government and even the Prime Minister of the day Maggie Thatcher *SPIT*. Finally on Tuesday we had the truth come out and my city celebrated, remembered and mourned together.

Worlds is a diminished scale but I could see the usasf/Varsity cover up, just like we've had to endure. I wouldn't wish even a small part of this on anyone, I really hope usasf gets their shizzle together PDQ before something catastrophic happens.

The architects of the Hillsborough stadium have been found negligent, the police (right up to the top) have been found guilty of "unlawful killings" and cover ups. This isn't over for us-it's only just starting, but if the design of Hillsborough has been found as a contributory factor then taped gates certainly would be!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wouldn't shock me if they tried to deflect blame onto the spectators like what happened at Hillsborough. Rowdy drunk people my butt. Again, it might be an exaggeration, but still.

Back