All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

US All Star Federation: Non-Profit Charter

Since we're discussing major USASF problems I was told by people on this very thread, by gyms owners, and even some EP's that USASF was a for profit company. If this is true, why is it listed on their website still that they are a "not for profit" company when it's very clear (by their actions) that they are for profit?

USASF is not the governing body for All Star. USA Cheer (United States Federation for Sport Cheering) is the governing body as stated on their website and in all PR Newswire releases. in their bylaws USASF is listed as a delegate member. This is from 2008 when first announced:
New ’USA Cheer’ Governing Body to Promote the Growth, Support and Safety Education of Competitive

Didn't someone start calling one of them Captain Diveroll? It might not have been the same guy, but I think 'Captain Diveroll' is a catchier superhero name.
Could be. I can't keep up. lol

Would it help with a visual if I kept imaging SNL Molly Shannon chanting "Super Spotter" in her famous "Super Star" way?!? lol And there I go again aging myself!
snl-mary-katherine-gallagher.jpg

Last edited:
Just a tought and a question...
After a team compete do they talk with their coaches? For example: when coed elite competed did they talk with CSP or is CPS in front and she is not with the team the whole time?
Because my tought is...if they see/talk the coaches after they compete why anyone from cheetahs/steel/coed elite didn't say The floor is wet and slippery, don't let Panthers/orange/senior elite compete on that floor. It is dangerous.

After a team compete do they talk with their coaches? For example: when coed elite competed did they talk with CSP or is CPS in front and she is not with the team the whole time?
Because my tought is...if they see/talk the coaches after they compete why anyone from cheetahs/steel/coed elite didn't say The floor is wet and slippery, don't let Panthers/orange/senior elite compete on that floor. It is dangerous.
Cheetahs were the next-to-last team to compete in LC. To my knowledge, none of them said anything to the coaches immediately after they competed about the floor being wet. I'm not saying it was dry, just that I don't believe the coaches were immediately aware of any issues. The first I knew about problems with the floor was when the Panther girl obviously slipped after her tumbling pass. We told the USASF that the floor was wet immediately after their routine - before SE and Orange performed.

Last edited:
Don't worry, the new Varisty arena will be open. With barely half the capacity of the baseball field... they clearly thought that out well.

Actually it won't be ready til summer 2017, so that means it won't be ready til Worlds 2018. (We asked in the ESPN info center)

Our staff coached Coed, LOT then SE ...... Very possible she had no idea. She says she didn't and I believe her.

Our staff coached Coed, LOT then SE ...... Very possible she had no idea. She says she didn't and I believe her.

I totally believe her too. I believe every coach and athlete who said the mat was wet. It just looks like it went from bad to worse between large coed and large senior.

i wonder if usasf will be proactive in damage control by asking espn to omit any camera footage angles that show the slip n slides. i'm betting yes.

This is frightening as far as the asthma goes.

Forgive me as my scope is only with special athletes. Do coaches have emergency medicines likes inhailers, epi pens, or diabetes supplies with them for athletes with potentially life threatening medical needs? I know that with the kids I have worked with that we did. How is this type of thing managed in the top levels of cheer?
This might be a tad late, but when I was cheering I would make sure to bring my inhaler with me to every practice and competition. I would give my inhaler to a coach before warm ups, use it during warm ups if needed, and as soon as I was off of the competition floor they would bring the inhaler right to me. I do the same with my athletes now.

This is frightening as far as the asthma goes.

Forgive me as my scope is only with special athletes. Do coaches have emergency medicines likes inhailers, epi pens, or diabetes supplies with them for athletes with potentially life threatening medical needs? I know that with the kids I have worked with that we did. How is this type of thing managed in the top levels of cheer?

What @CaliChar said is pretty standard for athletes with asthma that are otherwise healthy.

The two cheerleaders I met through the years with diabetes both had insulin pumps; they would both wear the pump leading up to warm ups, check their levels, make adjustments and take it out for warm ups and the performance (usually left with a coach/team mom/their mom depending on their age and how well they managed on their own.) It's usually also taken out for practice and the kiddo is just well monitored.

I didn't cheer at this high a level, but I do have an epi pen. It was always with me in the regular day to day practice stuff. We got an extra one that was stored in coach's backpack at comps. Thankfully never used it.

ETA: also attached this throwback video of baby Jenee and her first hand experiences cheering with diabetes.

Last edited:
This might be a tad late, but when I was cheering I would make sure to bring my inhaler with me to every practice and competition. I would give my inhaler to a coach before warm ups, use it during warm ups if needed, and as soon as I was off of the competition floor they would bring the inhaler right to me. I do the same with my athletes now.

Too make it even scarier we actually just lost a Coach this week due to Asthma. His inhaler wasn't working so he was transported to the hospital and died en route. Really sad situation. And on the heels of all of this stuff from Worlds just makes it scarier.

Back