All-Star Discussion - Cheer Perfection Tlc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you read the owners twitter she mentions that they show requested she allow parents on the floor. Before filming this wasn't allowed.
i dont care if the show requests that it is beyond unsafe kids are always 110% more likely to not pay attention and get even more worked up when they can tell their crazy mothers are staring at them and judged critiquing and coaching their every mood

i dont care if the show requests that it is beyond unsafe kids are always 110% more likely to not pay attention and get even more worked up when they can tell their crazy mothers are staring at them and judged critiquing and coaching their every mood

I agree with you 100%

I have not watched it yet, however, I have some opinions on it already:

1: SCRIPTED SCRIPTED SCRIPTED - they were told what to do/say/etc and very little was probably candid.
2: I understand this gym may not be as talented as your gym but WOW what poor sportsmanship has been displayed on this thread, leave the gym be and blame TLC for their lack of cheer knowlegde. And posting videos and talking about them negative.. how many times has it been taken down on this board, so please stop, it's not nice. People can be saying the same about you.
3: It's a shame that they got themselves portrayed in this light no matter what the instance. And I hope w/ the fact they "made" someone throw tumbling that it was edited that they don't have, there is more behind the story...
4: Why is everything always about level 5, levels 1-4 and 6 are levels too :)
5: I hope we can get cheerleading portrayed positive as a rebuttal to this apparent Train Wreck TLC has created, however, don't we all LOVE and ADORE the Train Wrecks on TLC.. what would we do w/o them.

OK, I am finished now and off to watch the show :)
maybe you should have watched the show first..... i don't think there is any poor sportsmanship by anyone on here....you sign up to put your gym on a show, then you are gonna hear comments on it. I blame the gym ENTIRELY!! Any half way decent gym would NOT agree to this........

maybe you should have watched the show first..... i don't think there is any poor sportsmanship by anyone on here....you sign up to put your gym on a show, then you are gonna hear comments on it. I blame the gym ENTIRELY!! Any half way decent gym would NOT agree to this........
thank you ! its one thing to say its scripted so its not their fault but behind the scrips are people saying and agreeing they will say these things and berate the children and bring them down, i see nothing good, or classy about this

sure the owners may be great fantastic people outside the gym but allowing certain things and words and hurt athletes to practice is something that should never be done

I am curious if the gym owners, parents, etc. get paid for being part of this show.

What really bothers me about the whole thing is just the way we as cheerleaders look. Though Dance Moms is a little too much for me, and I find the moms/storylines over the top and scripted- it makes dance look amazing. I have so much respect for the sport and the girls as dancers, and I don't know much about dance at all. Cheer Imperfection gave no light to the actual sport, and made a joke out of what many of us spend so much time working at.

I was really mad because the one mom was like: "I expect my daughter to make youth silver because we have been at this gym for a long time and given them alot of money. Its called loyalty." Whether she is on that team or not shouldn't have anything to do with how much money she gives them, it should be about how good she is!

What really bothers me about the whole thing is just the way we as cheerleaders look. Though Dance Moms is a little too much for me, and I find the moms/storylines over the top and scripted- it makes dance look amazing. I have so much respect for the sport and the girls as dancers, and I don't know much about dance at all. Cheer Imperfection gave no light to the actual sport, and made a joke out of what many of us spend so much time working at.
I agree. Dance Moms showed incredible talent and how hard those girls had to work. It made the moms look bad, but dance was viewed in a good light. Not only did Cheer Perfection make our moms look crazy, it also made Cheerleading look like a joke! That's not a correct view of our sport. It's one gym, one that's not well known, and it focuses on a youth lower level team. They could at least include different gyms with various levels and switch back in forth or something. It just didn't make me happy when my friend texted me," OMG I watched that show about cheer last night! Is that really how it is?" like no. It's not. Now I have to explain to people how that isn't what I do

I don't disagree at all.. But in every other post if u put a routine video up and say even one negative thing they take it down...

I watched it and everyone is looking for a reason to complain.. It's like every other TLC show with kids!

they would be incredible if they had some other gym come in and do their routines, got new uniforms and made the parent room not directly infront of their floor.

Hehehehe:)
QlpJ_zx2Jk2sLOS5Y1eMAA2.jpg

I was looking up clips and found a gem!
It was Cassadee and Torrann on T&T. I'm guessing other people have seen the episode, but it was new to me. I thought it was so weird how the three moms worked together. And then Bonnie was the pageant director? :confused:

Back