All-Star Discussion - Cheer Perfection Tlc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They should have done a bigger gym. Cheer athletics or top gun. I hate how the coach said "Arkansas is big in all star cheer" I have never heard of this gym. Or any other Arkansas gym. I wish they would have done a higher level team, then people would see how hard we really work. And what cheerleader cries to help her get on the team? Really? This show is a complete joke. Now nobody will respect our sport.

They should have done a bigger gym. Cheer athletics or top gun. I hate how the coach said "Arkansas is big in all star cheer" I have never heard of this gym. Or any other Arkansas gym. I wish they would have done a higher level team, then people would see how hard we really work. And what cheerleader cries to help her get on the team? Really? This show is a complete joke. Now nobody will respect our sport.

The people who don't respect this sport will continue to disrespect it.
The people who know what cheerleading is like will know better.
And most people that can tell that this is staged drama and manipulated to create a TV show.
I highly doubt this show will affect the sport as a whole in a big way. Also, I'm guessing you're talking about Brooke. If I had a stressed vertebrae (or whatever she had) in my spine, I would probably be crying too. If I was in Brooke's shoes, I would feel as though I was disappointing my coaches and teammates.

Am I the only one that feels like it's getting a little blown out of proportion? I mean, it's just a TV show. Not everyone watches it and half the people probably don't even care.

If you read the owners twitter she mentions that they show requested she allow parents on the floor. Before filming this wasn't allowed.

Then as a coach she should of known this show would be no good for her and her gym and she should of said NO! I do feel sorry for the kids with the stupid parents who signed off and said "sure feel free to film my kids anyway U want to".

Then as a coach she should of known this show would be no good for her and her gym and she should of said NO! I do feel sorry for the kids with the stupid parents who signed off and said "sure feel free to film my kids anyway U want to".

I agree, just pointing out the craziness that goes along with some reality tv shows.

I saw tweets that girls from the gym had posted (higher teams) and they feel embarrassed to even say that they cheer for that gym. In all honesty, I would too. It made cheerleading look like a joke. I wish that they would of done a higher team that goes to worlds or something... my gym doesn't let parents yell at us. And also, who WILLINGLY drops their flyer. That just isn't right.

ya gotta love the mom willing to bring cameras into a doctors office and then have the Dr tell her overweight daughter on national TV that she needs to lose weight. How awful for that child! crazy people!!!

Watching that made me feel sick to my stomach.
I am a hardened internet veteran, Ive seen the nastiest of the nasty, the wrongest of the wrong, and the sickest of the sick. But that was too much for me.

It wasnt funny and it wasnt gif worthy, it was deplorable. That is a CHILD and that memory will be with her FOREVER.

Somebody get her a new mom and a good psychiatrist because body image issues are a-brewin.

I just found out 2 horrifying things. 1) CTR has a level 6 team.. No words to explain how scary that is. 2) Alisha just posted on Facebook that cheer perfection had 1.1 million views for the first episode. I think that's enough to secure her time spot. :/

I just found out 2 horrifying things. 1) CTR has a level 6 team.. No words to explain how scary that is. 2) Alisha just posted on Facebook that cheer perfection had 1.1 million views for the first episode. I think that's enough to secure her time spot. :/
Good God!:banghead:

These things have already been said on this thread but for those who don't quite get what's wrong with the show, allow me to shed some light on the subject :)
  • Parents, are apparently, allowed to take use of the gym's FLOOR to COACH their children. I'm no expert but COACHES are the ones to do that even on a SHOW. Am I right?
  • Secondly, People with FULLS and TUCKS are working SUPER hard to get on a LEVEL 2 TEAM just because Alisha is teaching it.... Wow....
  • Next, like addicted2cheer stated, Brooke's docters appointment was SEEN by the NATION. And when they told her she was overweight on TELEVISION that was sick.
  • Some people are willing to DROP their FLYERS for NO apparent reason.
So, don't get me wrong I definetly DO NOT blame the kids. I feel bad of the damage that was done to the gyms rep now because of the show... I'm sure it has plenty of great athletes, but it'd be better off not a show :)

Cheer Central Braves from Little Rock, Arkansas. Not around anymore but they sure did have one hell of a coed program at one point!

If you read the owners twitter she mentions that they show requested she allow parents on the floor. Before filming this wasn't allowed.
I also keep seeing on here that as per some of the kids' tweets (kids from the gym, including Brooke) that they were told to do or say a certain thing by Alisha or by their parents.

If this is true - then it just keeps looking more and more like TLC had a predetermined vision of what they wanted to film and show to their viewers, such as cheer moms sitting out on the floor of the gym screaming at their kids, and kids trying desperately hard to make the same team regardless of the blatant discrepancy in skills, rather than the inner workings of an all star cheer gym, and that the owners/coaches and parents obliged to fulfill TLC's vision rather than show what really takes place in their gym.

This show was not meant for us, all star athletes, parents and coaches - but rather for the Toddlers & Tiara's viewers who know nothing about competitive cheer. I think TLC underestimated the all star cheer community on the whole and perhaps did not think we would watch this and question everything from why the parents were sitting on the floor to why kids with fulls were trying out for the same team as kids who were too old who only had level 1/barely level 2 tumbling skills. And this is why we are seeing the coaches and kids at CTR defending their gym and program to us and not to the general viewing public.

This show make's me sick! They aren't even portraying what REAL all-star cheerleading is about. It is just a bunch of parents, and this coach who want their 5 minutes of fame. We spend enough time defending that this is an actual sport and show off our major talents and now we have this show where it's a bunch of little girls who really can't defend or stand up to their parents as their parents push them to the max and "lives through her child." When is TLC going to get a clue? Enough with the little girls and parent's drama. Show a REAL competitive team where the cheerleaders want to be there and win for themselves and where coaches are supporting and helping their team while still being Disciplinary, Not this show about a bunch of drama filled moms and a wacked out coach.

Back