All-Star Documentary On World Cup Twinkles!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am proud to say that I am an Alumni Twinkle Mom! My CP was lucky enough to have been a Twinkle for 2 years and it was a wonderful experience. Mrs. P was right when she said “they belong to something”. My CP and several other Shooting Stars were Twinkles when their music had the voice over ”When I grow up I want to be a Shooting Star”….and now they are! There are currently 14 former Twinkles on this season’s Shooting Star team and 27 former Starlites (14 of them were the former Twinkles). Several other girls on the team have come up through the program from Starburst, Galaxy, Cosmic Rays, Suns and Odyssey. Some of the former Starlites competed with Suns and Odyssey before joining Shooting Stars. There are a handful of girls this season that came to WC and went right on to Shooting Stars, some of them have been on the team as long as 3 seasons. I would say that the team is strong in WC heritage. I can’t wait for the full Twinkle video that will document the fantastic season this team had. I know all of you will be as impressed with them as I am. My CP and I were fortunate enough to have been able to watch them along their journey. They made us both very proud…..Once a Twinkle, Always a Twinkle!!

NJ coach, This sounds like something we can set up with nj.com. If someone can consistently provide weekly results, we can deliver it online. Feel free to write to me at [email protected] and we can explore that possibility.

As for online subscriptions, that's always something being talked about but we don't have any plans to go that route. It's kinda hard to put that genie back in the bottle, right?

I hope you stay a free site. I'm down in the shore area, so when the Press went to an online subscription I wasn't very happy. Their site and yours (and now just yours) were the only dedicated NJ sites I visited.

Wait, The Star Ledger is a member of the Fierce Board? LOVE IT.

Now I'm really glad my parents decided to do away with the Courier News and stick with Star Ledger. :D

I'm really excited to see this documentary in full. Looks like it will be a good, positive story for allstar cheer!

I am proud to say that I am an Alumni Twinkle Mom! My CP was lucky enough to have been a Twinkle for 2 years and it was a wonderful experience. Mrs. P was right when she said “they belong to something”. My CP and several other Shooting Stars were Twinkles when their music had the voice over ”When I grow up I want to be a Shooting Star”….and now they are! There are currently 14 former Twinkles on this season’s Shooting Star team and 27 former Starlites (14 of them were the former Twinkles). Several other girls on the team have come up through the program from Starburst, Galaxy, Cosmic Rays, Suns and Odyssey. Some of the former Starlites competed with Suns and Odyssey before joining Shooting Stars. There are a handful of girls this season that came to WC and went right on to Shooting Stars, some of them have been on the team as long as 3 seasons. I would say that the team is strong in WC heritage. I can’t wait for the full Twinkle video that will document the fantastic season this team had. I know all of you will be as impressed with them as I am. My CP and I were fortunate enough to have been able to watch them along their journey. They made us both very proud…..Once a Twinkle, Always a Twinkle!!

Thanks for all that information! Very useful to us.

The Star-Ledger how did you decide on what team you were going to film? While the twinkles are adorable and I love them World Cup is much more known for Shooting Stars.
i would assume they picked twinkles because they were looking for younger teams and twinkles are the highest level youth team in world cup

The Star-Ledger how did you decide on what team you were going to film? While the twinkles are adorable and I love them World Cup is much more known for Shooting Stars.
I think its more about such young athletes having level 5 skills, concentration , dedication and still be able to remain little kids and have fun with it. Overall Youth 5 is unique and that is why there were only 6 youth 5 teams in the country this past season making it a very good story.

Anna,
The previous answers had the right thought. No disrespect to the other WC teams, but what the Twinkles accomplish at their age makes them extraordinary, and their playful childlike nature - contrasted against the fierce professionalism, makes for great video. I'm sure the Stars would make a great reality series.

When can we expect to see more?

I wish I could say "tomorrow" but I can't. Nyier is still editing to get it to a manageable length, we're still polishing the titles and such, and we are still doing some reporting. We managed to cut the photos down to the best 110 or so, but we have to organize those too.
Lots of work to be done, but we will finish this summer. Trust me, we are as eager to finish as you are to see it!

Anna,
The previous answers had the right thought. No disrespect to the other WC teams, but what the Twinkles accomplish at their age makes them extraordinary, and their playful childlike nature - contrasted against the fierce professionalism, makes for great video. I'm sure the Stars would make a great reality series.
Im so glad that you guys are doing it on twinkles because they are so cute and hardly ever get any attention. Senior teams get the spotlight while youth teams are in the shadows. Im excited to see the finished product!

How many Shooting Stars were Twinkles?

Wouldn't know that but assuming these youth age girls have skillls nailed down at this point, one would think they have the inside track and the best shot to make SS when they're old enough.

Of course , there's no guarentee. because they're other Senior 5 teams are very strong and a number of them move to SS eventually. Just as a little league all-star is no automatic to play HS varsity ball. In fact, in baseball, the percentages are low that the same little league all-stars make HS varsity baseball.

Back