All-Star Evolution Of A Cheer Mom???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Haha! Great post @CheerBank :) I think my mum is permanently stuck in 1st year. She drives me to practice and competitions, which I am so thankful for. Her line is "I'm the parent and I know how to drive, you're the cheerleader and you know how to do all that cheerstuff". She prefers not to get too involved-probably all the 3rd year mums in their peak psychoness!

Haha! Great post @CheerBank :) I think my mum is permanently stuck in 1st year. She drives me to practice and competitions, which I am so thankful for. Her line is "I'm the parent and I know how to drive, you're the cheerleader and you know how to do all that cheerstuff". She prefers not to get too involved-probably all the 3rd year mums in their peak psychoness!
same, my mom never drinks and my dad just drives me to competitions and practices.

I didn't write any of it, but have lived through all of it! Year 13 in all-star and 14 for cheer overall.

They forgot the part where you are literally counting down the days until you no longer have to deal with any of it.
In fairness, I think that is because this was written before ridiculous uniforms, STP, 4 day Worlds where they break their own rules and you get no admittance even though you paid more for admission than you would to see your favorite band, "invite only comps" where you need to get there 3 hours before the competition starts and you can't go to the bathroom without the EP taking your jacket off your seat and screaming at their customers to "cut the crap", etc.
But year 1 is so fun! Enjoy it (and then run) while you can!

They forgot the part where you are literally counting down the days until you no longer have to deal with any of it.
In fairness, I think that is because this was written before ridiculous uniforms, STP, 4 day Worlds where they break their own rules and you get no admittance even though you paid more for admission than you would to see your favorite band, "invite only comps" where you need to get there 3 hours before the competition starts and you can't go to the bathroom without the EP taking your jacket off your seat and screaming at their customers to "cut the crap", etc.
:shimmy::shimmy::shimmy:
**especially the last sentence!
And if they show an interest in another activity - any other activity - nurture it!

Shimmy X a million. Sometimes it's like we are the same person

Here I am 12th year in and must be a glutton for punishment as I opted to swim into the waters of HS cheer.

Back