All-Star Fake Social Networking Accounts 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is a little bit out of control

Breznaslova.jpg

1-1.jpg

2.jpg

3.png

I feel really bad for Erica.. that's really way too much.

This may be a little (okay a lot) off topic, but the other day I read this article about a ten year long study which surveyed adolescents asking them what they find most important most in life.

Ten years ago, adolescents ranked "a sense of belonging" as #1 and "achieving fame or notoriety" down at like #10 or something.

Today's adolescents ranked "achieving fame or notoriety" as the single most important thing in life, while "a sense of belonging" fell to #2.

I guess it makes sense, though, if you think about it. Our society's values have changed. Kid shows today are centered around your seemingly average teen that has that one special gift or talent that makes them famous and sets them a part from the rest. "iCarly"-Web show, "Hannah Montana"-popstar, "Shake it Up"-dancers on a tv show, the list goes on...being your typical teenager with a great group of friends isn't good enough anymore. Long gone are the shows I grew up on like, "Boy Meets World" and "Lizzie McGuire" where it was okay to be average and awkward.

I think this helps explain the recent "cheerlebrity" phenomenon and even sheds some light on WHY these people feel compelled to create a fake "Carly Manning" facebook. They probably feel inadequate being NORMAL in real life and want the five-star treatment of everyone being in love with them and wanting to be their friend...even if it's only online.

It's sad, really, but unless our cultural values change, I don't see this problem going away anytime soon.

Okay, back to the fake account reporting. :D

A smidge off topic, but if the people who make fake accounts can get these girls personal information so easily, why couldn't someone else get your information to physically hurt you? I found a website called takethislollipop.com and it's way freaky. Makes you think about social networking more seriously.

What I really hate is when people pretend to be from like ten different gyms or that they're (insert name here)'s brother's grlfriend's cousin's sister. I noticed this girl posting on all of Kiara's instagram photos so I decided to take a peak. She posts pictures of Kiara and says that they're cousins even though Kiara never says anything to her when she comments on all of her pictures, which is strange if you're actually related. She also posted a picture of her "old" Cali uniform which they only got for the entire program last season and is actually a picture of the American Girl doll uniform. She also cheered at Cheer Athletics and this green team that she went to UCA, I mean Worlds, with...
I think this is just as bad as pretending to be a Cheerlebrity. They're both just lies upon lies.
IMG_2311.jpg
IMG_2315.jpg

i just wish everybody would stop with the name calling and the songs and the whole "calling you out" thing all over twitter its unnecessary it sounds like the girl needs some help but constantly blasting her and being rude saying things like "at least ive been to worlds" is uncalled for

I've been blocked already but there is an account with the name of Jennifer Pickard and the picture is her and Erica Englebert. I believe that the account is owned by Logan Monty. If someone could find her and post the link so you could report the account I'd appreciate it. Also, there is a fake Taylor Watson account commenting on the pictures of that account.

My daughter adores Taylor Watson...she was so excited to be talkung to her online...only to figure out it was FAKE...deveststed! Since then...she has talked to he REAL Taylor and understands the devious beast the internet can be!

A smidge off topic, but if the people who make fake accounts can get these girls personal information so easily, why couldn't someone else get your information to physically hurt you? I found a website called takethislollipop.com and it's way freaky. Makes you think about social networking more seriously.

My brother showed me that website, it's so freaky!

Back