All-Star First Comps???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our teams will first compete at the one day cheer sport in Atlanta on Dec 4 and then the following weekend at BUTB. Can't wait!

Our teams will first compete at the one day cheer sport in Atlanta on Dec 4 and then the following weekend at BUTB. Can't wait!
I'm jealous, you get to watch Orange from the Stingray Allstars debut their routine... I feel like I've gone slightly insane not being able to see their routine yet.

Rockstar Raleigh has already attended three competitions and won two Wild Card bids to The Summit. Will compete one more time in Dec., then in January

In general, do you think it benefits teams to compete early or wait a little?

Depends on the teams. Some teams are ready to compete early in the season. It's good for teams who know they can hit a great routine and get bids early. Or they can find out if the need to modify routines to get bids. Feedback from early judges can help with re-choreographing.

I think the sooner you can put the routine before judges for critiques the better especially if you have a back to back schedule after Christmas break. There isn't as much time to modify or change if you need to by that point.

*What did we even do before the invention of Google?*

Our gym usually starts in late October or early November. We usually go to a small competition first just to get their feet wet so they get a taste of the competition feeling before going to a more difficult competition. We brought 13 of our teams to our first competition, and all but one got 1st place. It especially helps the young ones and the kids new to cheer, IMO. Next weekend we will be at our 3rd competition.

I watched Apple and Peach this past weekend. They were awesome. Can't wait to see Orange!!
If it's possible and not too much trouble, could you please record Orange and Steel's performance this weekend? Just in case no one else does, I really want to see their routine.

If it's possible and not too much trouble, could you please record Orange and Steel's performance this weekend? Just in case no one else does, I really want to see their routine.

Stingrays were posting on twitter that they're cancelling this weekend's competition, due to safety reasons.

Stingrays were posting on twitter that they're cancelling this weekend's competition, due to safety reasons.

I checked twitter, it says about canceling hotel. So they can't be talking about the local Atlanta comp that Orange are performing at. There are no wildfires in Atlanta. I guess most of the Marietta teams were going somewhere near the wildfires but they are canceling.

• I checked twitter, it says about canceling hotel. So they can't be talking about the local Atlanta comp that Orange are performing at. There are no wildfires in Atlanta. I guess most of the Marietta teams were going somewhere near the wildfires but they are canceling.
Oops, my fault! I thought all teams were going to the UCA comp in sevierville,TN

Back