All-Star Food At Espn Wws

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

BBinNCsMom

Cheer Parent
Feb 21, 2014
We are headed there for Summit this weekend and I was wondering about the food options there? Is there plenty to choice from? Are wait times decent? Should we pack our own lunch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait times at the Summit last year were not all that bad, especially compared to Worlds when I attended in 2009-2011. The crowd was more spread out than Worlds, when everyone would run to get in line during breaks. There are a few different options.
Dining Services | ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

There are several different Concession stands inside HP and the baseball stadium concourse. They have your basic concession food (burgers, fries, chicken, hot dogs etc). There's also a Wetzel Prezels inside of HP. The ESPN Grill is accessible from the outside concourse or Jostons. They are a quick service restaurant with a dine-in option. They have the biggest menu and a lot of seating. They will definitely get backed up during meal times. You can see their menu online here: http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/ewwos/pdf/menus/sports-grill-menu-ESPN_WWOS_Complex_Menus_032114.pdf

All in all fairly typical competition food and nothing to call home about. Oh and just a word to the wise, feel free to bring in your own snacks too. My bags have never been searched walking in to WWOS.

I've been there for Worlds, Summit and even for baseball tournaments, and they have always let us bring in our own food. You can even bring in a cooler. They won't even always make you open it, but if they do, they're only checking to make sure there's nothing with glass. We always stocked our cooler full of sandwiches and water bottles so that we really only need to eat one "real" meal a day at WWOS (assuming that you'll be there all day).

Am I the only one excited that you can order a "box lunch" from the restaurant there? Yes? Ok... ;)

When I went for UCA this year there was about 4-12 food trucks parked through out WWoS, I'm sure they'll do the same for Summit. If so, you'll have PLENTY of options aside from burgers, hot dogs, and fries!
Yes the food trucks were at summit last year and offer lots of food options.

Normal concessions in the buildings. The ESPN Grill. Bunch of food trucks- the best choice IMO, but tend to run out of food if you compete late. Cilantro the green truck with the burritos is my fav.

The food trucks are my favorite!! There's an awesome brick oven pizza truck (900 Degrees?), Cilantro's & a Philly steak truck that's super yummy (good breakfasts, too)! I would never be able to keep up w/a cooler--that actually never occurred to me.

The food trucks at ESPN are life savers! The quesadillas at the mexican truck down in the grass by arena south were awesome. I think I had 3 over the course of the weekend. Everyone I know that ate other things there raved about it as well. The burger truck (don't know names, it was next to the mexican truck) also had great cheeseburgers. The pizza at the big glass truck is also pretty decent.

The concession food at ESPN is just that, concession food. Nasty burgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers, fries, etc.

Jostens has an ESPN restaurant, but that usually stays pretty packed. It's a sit down restaurant. The line moves fairly quick from what I can tell, but I've never eaten there during a cheer competition, just once for a baseball game.

The "box lunch" a couple of years ago, was a generic bland turkey/cheese or ham/cheese sandwhich. If you choose PB&J it's a grape uncrustable. A bag of plain chips and a drink. Maybe a cookie? I can't remember. I didn't care for it at all, but I also didn't have to leave my seat, a team mom brought it to me, so I can't complain too much!

Thanks for posting this!! Now I know to get food from the trucks and not eat at the hotel food court beforehand. Love some food truck food, it's usually the best!

Thanks for posting this!! Now I know to get food from the trucks and not eat at the hotel food court beforehand. Love some food truck food, it's usually the best!
Not sure where you're staying, but the food courts at allstars changed their menus this year. I personally thought for the worse. Staples are still there (pizza, burgers, chicken fingers) I guess I'm just picky and like real food! It was never great, but this year I thought a lot of it was gross.

Back