All-Star Help! Cher Tryout

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

well im not trying to mean: what if you dont make it?? or do you think you will...do you have all the skills and such!?
and also, would you parents let you, fly out and try out( hehe) so you wouldnt move, then not even make the team you want, like fly out to nc and fl?

I do have all skills, jumps to tuck, full , specialty to full (working on doubles) but i get what your saying! I feel basing is my strongest aspect so the determining factor probably wouldnt be on tumbling if for top gun, but for CEA it would be a combination of both.

So i need help making a decision! Whether to tryout for Top Gun or Cheer extreme (for next year)
I do have level 5 skills, i'm just wondering which would benefit me more? I'm not sure what team i would make if i tried out for both (hopefully level 5) any suggestions? This really is a big decision. Miami or North Carolina ??? Anyone who can help that would be great! I have to choose one of the two because i will be moving down to one or the other next year.

you are one lucky girl if your parents are letting you pick where the family moves based on your cheer needs. i don't even think my parents would've let me move somewhere else in atlanta to cheer :p You seem to be saying that you are better at all girl. If that's the case, CEA is better. They have senior elite and small senior, which are both very good and successful teams. plus they have/will have (with the changes) a level 5 team in pretty much every division. top gun doesn't have much in the way of all girl level 5 teams. Also, north carolina has NC State, which is an incredible all girl college program. And in NC you're not too far from Louisville & UGA (an INCREDIBLE up and coming all girl program! i was at tryouts... all i can say is louisville better watch out :) ). keep us posted on what happens :) best of luck to you!

Don't get me wrong, Cheer Extreme is an absolutely amazing cheerleading organization! But I feel like Top Gun has more of a variety of level 5 open and senior teams! I would go with Top Gun!

Both have very different atmospheres, so if possible I would definately go and visit both locations and the schools that go along with them. You don't want to pick a location specifically for one gym vs. the other( if you like both) without seeing the town that you'd have to live in and the school you would be at for 4 years. That was ultimately the final reason why i chose my current college...... I was deciding between 2 really good schools with equal business programs, but one was in a downtown area and the other was out in the country more in a college town. After visiting both, I just couldn't see myself walking around downtown with all the hobos to go get my groceries on a weekly basis, or deal with downtown parking all the time, which was super annoying when we visited. Therefore, I have to emphasize: See the locations and gyms for yourself, because no matter what anyone tells you, you're the one that will have to be living there for 4 years and you need to feel good in the enviornment.

you are one lucky girl if your parents are letting you pick where the family moves based on your cheer needs. i don't even think my parents would've let me move somewhere else in atlanta to cheer :p You seem to be saying that you are better at all girl. If that's the case, CEA is better. They have senior elite and small senior, which are both very good and successful teams. plus they have/will have (with the changes) a level 5 team in pretty much every division. top gun doesn't have much in the way of all girl level 5 teams. Also, north carolina has NC State, which is an incredible all girl college program. And in NC you're not too far from Louisville & UGA (an INCREDIBLE up and coming all girl program! i was at tryouts... all i can say is louisville better watch out :) ). keep us posted on what happens :) best of luck to you!

I get what your saying, but it wasnt entirely on my decision! they already had houses picked out in these areas concidently!! & when they told me we were moving they gave me a choice! Miami or North Carolina, and the houses they picked happen to be right next to top gun and i think in raleigh next to CEA! i'll be making trops this summer so hopefully i'll find something good!

Back