All-Star Hotels In Providence

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

NHcheermom

Cheer Parent
Mar 25, 2016
Not 100% where I should post this but I am looking for suggestions for Hotels in/near Providence. Our gym is going to Athletic Championship in Providence this coming January and has an optional room block at the Marriott that is about a mile away from the venue. The previous years we have stayed in Warwick for less and I'm just looking for peoples opinions on is it worth it to stay closer for more money or make the short drive for less.

There always seems to be a snow storm the weekend of this comp. I would say the closer you can stay to the venue the better.

I believe the Athletic Championships website does or will have hotel links/blocks. The Omni is nice because it is connected so you don't have to step outside to go to either the convention center or the mall, but it is pricey and I have found that to be the noisiest hotel by far through all hours of the night. The Biltmore is almost directly across the street from the convention center and it is quieter and less expensive than the Omni. The Courtyard is also within walking distance and The Hilton (I think it is the Hilton) is on the other side of the Dunkin Donuts center so it is a fairly quick walk. They are all more expensive than those outside the city since they are so close to the convention center. I agree that weather is often an issue, and if you have a crossover or need to stay for more than one team it is far more convenient to stay within walking distance, especially if the teams compete several hours apart.

Oh I was hoping for the Omni but that is up to $329 a night :eek: The hotel block is through the Athletic website and its all thats left....unfortunately its a mile away so still not quite walking distance if its snowing or just plain cold

I stayed at Hotel Providence and it was only a block away from the CC, the room was nice size, quiet, but I paid for daily car service, which the hotel provides daily valet service, I must admit, compare to parking in the area, this service turned out to be a bargain, since we did not drive our car for the whole weekend and were able to keep our luggage at the hotel, after checking out and park our car without additional charge too, additionally, the hotel staff meets you at curbside and unload and deliver luggage to room...I reserve early(before Oct.), so it was not expensive, maybe $135-150 per day...

Addendum: Pricing mentioned is from 3 or more years ago...But last checked now $178 per day

Last edited:
The Hilton is showing $179/night. That would be your best option at this point.

The Hilton is showing $179/night. That would be your best option at this point.

I've stayed at the Hilton before. I don't think I stayed there for a comp at the convention center, but it's definitely within walking distance and is nice and clean.

With the weather being what it always is that weekend, we bite the bullet and stay at the Omni. It is very pricey though

Parking is not cheap and Wifi is not included either, unless that's changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, but I'm not sure wifi is included at any of the close ones if you aren't a member of the hotel, and parking is about the same at all of the ones close by. Unless you go outside the city, they are all pricey! There are some great hotels that are much less expensive within 10-15 minutes of the convention center (but convention center parking is expensive too!).

Agreed, but I'm not sure wifi is included at any of the close ones if you aren't a member of the hotel, and parking is about the same at all of the ones close by. Unless you go outside the city, they are all pricey! There are some great hotels that are much less expensive within 10-15 minutes of the convention center (but convention center parking is expensive too!).

True. We will never win on the cost of cheer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the suggestions every one :) I think we are going to go the cheaper route and stay a few minutes outside of Providence. Since our hotel block is a mile away (which I won't be walking in January ;)) and since I'll be paying for parking at the convention center either way I think saving money by staying in a hotel with free breakfast would be my better bet. But since I have made sure to have free cancellation if anyone hears of a deal closer to the convention center please keep me in mind ;)

Myself and the kids love the Biltmore. It's walking distance, (even in last years below freezing snow storm) we didn't use my car all weekend, and the rooms are so big and spacious. When we are in Providence we won't stay anywhere else.

Back