All-Star How Many Years Have / Had You Been Cheering For?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Gee, I spent 0 years as a cheerleader, 4 years as a cheer mom, 4 years as a financier, 5 years as a spectator... But my daughter, cheered 4 years AS cheer and 1 month a cheer spectator, specifically, the month of Dec...

CP started when she was 4 and is beginning her 4th season of AS cheer. She just turned 7 and starting her 2nd season on M2.

2007-2008: eighth grade cheer
2008-2009: freshman cheer team and first year of allstar (junior 3 and senior 2/4.2)
2009-2010: varsity school cheer and small all girl level 4 allstar cheer
2010-2011: varsity school cheer and large all girl level 4 allstar cheer
2011-2012: took the year off of school cheer and small coed 4/5 allstar cheer
2012-2013: NCA staff (rookie year) and college cheer
2013-2014: NCA staff (vet) and first year allstar cheer coach (mini level 1, prep youth level 1, youth level 2)
2014-2015: NCA staff (vet) and second year allstar cheer coach (prep youth level 1, youth level 2, junior level 1)
2015-2016: third year allstar cheer coach (junior level 1, junior level 2, junior level 3)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
15 years!

Okay I know there were 5 years worth of rec.

Three years of AS highest competed was 3 but I'm a solid level four cheerleader, competed my hardest skills on my HS team.

Five years of school (middle-high school) , Varsity all four years, all American, all conference.

And 2 years of college! Going on the third season.

This is gonna be my 10th year cheering in total, 9th year allstar
2007-2008 Pop Warner
2008-2009 Pop warner and Allstar youth 2
2009-2010 Pop warner and Allstar youth 2
2010-2011 Senior 2 and Junior 1
2011-2012 Junior 2 and Coed 3
2012-2013 Junior 3
2013-2014 Junior 3 and Senior 2
2014-2015 Senior 4 and Junior 5
2015-2016 LgCoedR5
2016-2017 Small Coed 4 and Small Coed 5

Last edited:
Granddaughter cheered 11 years on Allstars. One year of middle school cheer. Her 1st Allstar tryout was on her 6th birthday. Never a break for summer, etc.
Her Cheer "career" included Worlds and US Finals Champion (she got a ring). This is the first year she will not be cheering - at least so far, only because there are no appropiate age and skill level locally. She does a help with coaching occasionally.
She still wants to go to Cheersport, NCA and Worlds so we are STILL spending money on a sport we are no longer in. LOL

And I'm proud to say I have NEVER missed one of her competitions in 11 years!

So I technically started Allstar when I was 5, right before I started first grade, but turned 6 in that same first season. That makes for 11 solid years of Allstars, and I graduated at 17 (from cheer and school, lol). I have a late birthday and was always younger than all the kids in my class :D Oh and forgot to add that the only year I ever overlapped was my Freshman year of high school, and I hated cheering sideline so I didn't try out again lol. Most seasons I was on 2 or 3 teams at a time, and I also helped coach the Special Needs team all throughout high school.

ETA: My college team scares me and I refuse to try out. And when I say they scare me, I mean that they are stunting skills that are far beyond them and obviously have no conscientious coaches there to say "hey, maybe we should dial it back a bit". Instead they throw back tuck baskets that barely get out of their hands :confused:

Last edited:
This is Droplet's 6th season:

2010-11- tiny 1
2012-13- youth 1
2013-14- youth 1/jr 2
2014-15- youth 3
2015-16- youth 3/youth 5
2016-17- not official yet but it looks like she's going to do youth 5 and cross to jr 4/jr rest 5. (Not sure about that one)

She is 10, but turns 11 in August before the cutoff so this is her "senior" youth year. :help:

Last edited:
I started cheering sideline in elementary school. I was only 4 years old and practically the smallest thing out there on game day lol. My mom put me in all star at 7, and I officially retired all-star last season after worlds 2015 at age 19. However, while in college I have been cheering since freshman year. Freshman and Sophomore year I did collegiate AND all star. Junior year I transferred to a school with a more demanding and competitive cheerleading program so I only cheer collegiate now. Fall semester will be the start of my last season of cheer (collegiate) and I will be 21. Its so bitter sweet but I am border line burned out. It is not necessarily because of cheer, but it is most likely because of the stress I take on from participating in a full time internship, cheer, and being enrolled in the most competitive school at my university. In total from age 4 to age 21, I have been cheering for 17 years.

I have friends who still cheer, and have no intentions on stopping any time soon & I love it lol. Trust me if I could, I would.

Edit: I just read the last part of the post. I cheer at the University of Maryland on the all-girl team.

07-08 pop warner
10-12 modified (middle school cheer)
13-15 JV
16 (last year) varsity
I wish I had found out about all star sooner I would have pursued it. Might cheer in college I wanna take freshman year to figure out college then try sophomore year.

I did cheer for 2 years started at 19 retired at 21. Finished on open 1 but dabbles in
level 2.
I did not have the best experience and was plagued with injuries and humiliation so after I found ballroom dance I made the choice to call cheer a day.
I am a lot happier in ballroom as i don't have to rely on others it's down to me to put the work in. I was sick of working my butt off trying my best when no one cared and did things in the routine to stand out.

CP just finished her 7th year. She started on Mini 1 at age 6. Here are her years, levels:
Mini 1 'o9-'10
Mini 2 '10-'11
Youth 3 '11-'12
Youth 3 '12-'13
J4 '13-'14
J4 '14-'15
J4 '15-'16
This year she is on J5R
She did middle school cheer last year and hated it. All-star has jaded her...she literally could not figure out the point of it all since they didn't compete! ;)

Back