All-Star How Many Years Have / Had You Been Cheering For?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I started cheer at age 7 on peewees in 2000 (no levels yet!)
I stayed with all star until freshman year when I did high school cheer for 1 year and hated it.
So, I went back to allstar for sophomore and junior year of high school( senior 4 and senior open 5)
Senior year my gym tried to have an all girl level 6 team. We hung out for a few months before deciding the team wasn't going to work. I was ready to retire at that point though.

So, 10 seasons total! I didn't get really serious about it until I was in 5th or 6th grade though.

CP is starting her 4th year of All-Star this season; she started at age 4 and will turn 8 in a few months.

Lets see...
March 2015- Filled in on Senior 3 for one competition as a super senior :D
13/14- Senior 4.2 and Senior 5
12/13- Senior 2 and Senior 5
11/12- Senior 2 and Senior 4
10/11- Senior 3
09-10- Senior 2 and Junior 3
08/09- Senior 3 and Youth 2
07-08- Youth 2
06-07- Junior Prep Intermediate?
05-06- Not sure pre levels, but a junior/youth 3ish of some sort? (Video I have is like a mix of 2-3 now so no clue)
04-05- Novice Elementary? I think
03-04- This was either another year of novice elementary or it was pee wee I am not sure. If it was novice I did peewee type cheer in 02-03.

So I guess thats 11-12ish years. Before 2007 I was at a gym that I don't remember how long for sure I was there. I didnt get into cheer for real and understand what was actually happening until I went to the gym I graduated from in 2007 and was on Youth 2.

This is CPs 5th season! Started as a mini 1, jr 2, jr 3, jr 3 and this season at a bigger gym is on a sr coed r5. She did peewee cheer for two years (one year overlapped the first year of all star). She is in love with this sport!! :)

When you're not willing to put in the work anymore. If you're 40 but willing to stay in shape, work hard and practice and try new things, then you can still cheer. Your body might not like you, but you could do it.

I cheered 14 years in all star. My ending season I crossed over with Sr 4 and jr3, a back injury ended my career. And I've been out for 3 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 seasons.
started at 6 years old with pop warner and quit that after like 7 years,
The last year I did Allstar at the same time, then went on for 3 more years of just Allstar.
And now I'm 17, with 2 seasons left of cheer. But sadly I've ran out of energy and motivation. Last year was my last year of cheer...unless I cave in and go back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two years of College Cheer collegiate 4.2 one year, then a collegiate 6 the following year. This year I'm looking to actualize my 3rd year on the college team, and potentially also cheer on an All Star Open team. I'm not much of a tumbler, I have a cartwheel.

Started with dance and then Pom for a few years and this is my second year on a level 1 team (still doing Pom)

Back