All-Star How Much Should One Year Of Allstar Cheerleading Cost?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
Was curious about this. What do you think an entire year of allstar cheerleading (EVERYTHING involved except hotel and travel)?

Then throw in hotel and travel as a second total cost.

Well, this will be interesting, as I haven't cheered since 2010. I never paid for my own cheer, but I took a peek at the financial commitment every so often. This is about what I remember for a Senior team for levels 3, 4 and 5.

Coaching Fees- 150 x 12 = 1800
Comp Fees- 1000
Uniform- 300
Practice Wear- 100
Shoes- 70

Total- 3270

My gym did UCA which added about 1200 dollars to the total. We also did 3-5 competitions that required long driving and hotel. I don't have the pricing, but I'd guess each one cost around 400 (hotel) for a 2 night stay.

New Total- 6470

These totals are without any of the extras - private lessons, tumbling class, souvenirs, food, gas etc.

Well, this will be interesting, as I haven't cheered since 2010. I never paid for my own cheer, but I took a peek at the financial commitment every so often. This is about what I remember for a Senior team for levels 3, 4 and 5.

Coaching Fees- 150 x 12 = 1800
Comp Fees- 1000
Uniform- 300
Practice Wear- 100
Shoes- 70

Total- 3270

My gym did UCA which added about 1200 dollars to the total. We also did 3-5 competitions that required long driving and hotel. I don't have the pricing, but I'd guess each one cost around 400 (hotel) for a 2 night stay.

New Total- 6470

These totals are without any of the extras - private lessons, tumbling class, souvenirs, food, gas etc.

appreciate the answer!

im guessing a true total counting everything -including at least one private lesson a week- would be about 10,000 a year. This would include hotel and travel. Around 7,000 without hotel and travel.

How much should it cost or how much does it cost? I know the answer to the latter.

Our monthly gym fee I find well worth it. It comes out to roughly $7/hour for excellent training. I think everything else - all in - should not be more than 5k total. Even that is a lot of money. I live in a high cost of living area, and obviously spend more than that/year for cheer. But that to me seems more reasonable.

Last edited:
Well (Australian here so this may be different to US but anyway I hope you appreciate the answer anyway @King )

Tuition-$275x4=$1100 (this includes 3hrs per week) ($9 per hour which isn't too bad)
Comp fees-$305 (4 comps)
Music-$35
Membership-$35
Extra training at a gymnastics facility-$10 each, about 15 per year,$150
=$1625

(Only need if you don't have them from last year)
Uniform-$150
Shoes-$110
Dance shoes-$35
Training top and shorts-$40
Bow-$20
=$1980

Optional
Hoodie-$35
Jacket-$55
Track pants-$40
Team Tshirt-$25
Sports bag-$35
=$2170

I think that this is a fair and reasonable cost.

But travel is expensive and that makes the price go up a lot, luckily we only travel max. 4 hrs as the good competitions are about 3.5-4 hrs away. AASCF nationals (imo the most prestigious comp) rotates between Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. We don't go if it's interstate but last year it was in our state so we thought we may as well go and it was a great experience getting to see teams from all over the country. There is also pinnacle on the day after nationals (good so you don't have to travel twice) but that's a bid comp, like summit.

So hotel-$500 roughly per year and petrol-$160. Still I think this is pretty good compared to what some of you Americans spend!

Last edited:
I wanna know what you think it 'should' cost and how much it 'does' cost. For the entire year.

I wanna know what you think it 'should' cost and how much it 'does' cost. For the entire year.
I accidentally posted too early so my updated post is up.

As you can see it costs about $2000-$3000 depending on what items you already have. I think that is what it should cost. Some people are posting $10,000 or more and it definitely shouldn't be that much! I can understand for a worlds team it may be more but I think a good max is $5000

Costs for past few years have been about 10K all in, and I am expecting similar this year. I could save a little more by driving whenever possible (last year we had a trip to Ohio from NJ, many drove the 10 hours but I flew) and always staying at the least expensive hotel option. I imagine if I did that it might save about $1,000/year. Since we can't go away much of the year for family vacations due to cheer anyway, I justify the extra expense as a vacation budget too.

I think that's a difficult question since our expectations have been influenced by the growth of the sport. As cheer has developed, the costs have increased due to larger competitions, more expensive gear, higher music and choreography fees etc. But, the growth has also made it seem plausible that things should cost more. It looks like parents are getting more "value" for their dollar since the routines are fancier, stunts more innovative, uniforms sparklier, trophies bigger etc.

I think that the number I posted, which we'll round to 7,000 to include the choreography fee I forgot, sounds about right for a team that travels for about half it's competitions with 1 big travel (Worlds, Summit, NCA), but this is because it's all I've known. I don't think cheer should cost more than 10,000. I also don't think that teams should be required to spend as much STP forces them to. Since my cheer time was before STP, I still think my estimate is logical.

I would be ok with cheer costing $5k for the year not including travel (hotel/flights/etc) but in a realistic world that's not exactly possible.

Yes things have gotten expensive, i.e. Uniforms etc but when u think about all the expenses which I have when I wanted to start my own program, it's seriously expensive. A decent size facility to rent (which means renting a warehouse type space doesn't come cheap) then u have insurance, salaries/pay etc equipment Usasf credentialing fees and so forth, I understand why some fees are high... As for other items such as uniforms and sneakers and the extras, yea I wish those were cheaper but I don't see that cost declining unless the cheer world imploded lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's what we're paying this year. It's ridiculous, even more so with double teaming.
Coaching fees for 2 teams = 11 x $450 =$4950
Comp fees for 2 teams = $1600
Uniform (bought used) = $150
Practice wear for 2 teams = $200
Shoes = $100
Bow = $25
Music fee for 2 teams= $200
Travel fees for 2 fly away comps = ~$2500
Total of $9725.

That does not include Summit. Last year we spend an additional $3000 or so for Summit. I am sort of praying we don't go again, which sounds terrible but it's just so darn expensive!

ETA, we already have:
Backpack $125
Warm Ups $120

For CP 1 to be on J1 the cost of tuition, weekly tumbling class year round, warm-ups, a few extra bows, and the occasional private comes in at right under $2K for the season (May-April)

For CP2 to be on Tiny Prep 1 the cost of tuition, warm-ups, and a few extra bows is right under $1K for the season (May-April)

Since my girls are doing the same sport this year (last year we did 7 cheer and 5 dance competitions) it's cutting our cost big time on the travel side because now everyone weekend is for elder or both versus the separate weekends. 1 is a local showcase so that doesn't involve a hotel, our 8 hour away one is going to cost us about $1K when you factor in the hotel (I chose one with a kitchen on purpose), gas and extra's, and then the 4 others we're doing hotels by choice for is also going to run us right around $1K or less.

So we are realistically under $5k for two kids for a full season of all-star cheer.

At this age, level and division that is what I expect to be spent for a full year competitive season. I will say that I will never pay five figures for AS cheer for even both ; it's not worth that amount of money to me.

Back