International Cheer Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Who provides cheer insurance in the UK if you don't have a federation? In Australia anyone who just turns up to an open gym session has to present their Australian All Star Cheer Fed card or pay for insurance before we let them stunt- even at try outs. It's only $10 for a year (March through to Feb) and provides catastrophic insurance for each athlete (at least I think so) as well as helping with costs of rehab and out-of-pocket expenses if you can't work.

AASCF is not Australia's governing body, they are just another competition company, legally gyms need to be registered with Australia's government which is gymnastics Australia, if anything happened in your gym a court was involved, your AASCF insurance is going to have a very tough time holding up

AASCF is not Australia's governing body, they are just another competition company, legally gyms need to be registered with Australia's government which is gymnastics Australia, if anything happened in your gym a court was involved, your AASCF insurance is going to have a very tough time holding up
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply they were the national authority and I can see that I worded that post poorly :oops: Where I'm from, AASCF insurance is basically a mandate, regardless of whether you compete with them or not, which can give the appearance of them providing the services of a governing body rather than simply being just another EP. Anyway, what AASCF provides is cheerleading specific personal accident insurance for athletes, so I can't imagine why a gym would rely on that should a court case arise. Nor would I expect for my AASCF insurance to cover court costs should I decide to sue my gym... which I probably wouldn't, but being aware that they have liability insurance as a business, I just might, depending on the severity of the imagined injury, my own personal finances and if I was feeling particularly litigious and vengeful :p

Kind of a random question: why do teams from other countries cheer in english? Why not their native language?

Kind of a random question: why do teams from other countries cheer in english? Why not their native language?
Some do, but in many countries English serves as lingua franca especially in the business world and so it carries over to many things such as music, signs, etc. including cheerleading. Also, with cheerleading beginning in the U.S., many teams adopted the common cheers that are traditional in english (lets go ____, yell ____ and ____) and have done it that way since the beginning.

Everyone have music in english too. I can count on one hand the times I've heard swedish music in a cheer mix. Not common so to speak.

Atleast in Finland the cheers sound much better in English than they would in Finnish; words are shorter and simple, easier to rhyme, etc.

Back