All-Star Is Fearless Allstars Closed??!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

^^^ It would have to be unbiased. The second a gym is named it would be biased. Stay away from legal issues that could be problematic. The writers would have to define "good" so to speak without naming gyms. Write strictly on issues to look for and address before committing to the program, and how to follow up if new concerns arise.
A gym is a business and there are many sites that let users review/share their experiences. Would something similar work for gyms? You would get both positive and negative reviews, and would have to weigh them. I don't know the legalese of it all but doesn't seem any different then reviewing a restaurant. I am not sure how it would be useful if gym names weren't actually used. The trick would be to somehow limit comments to those that actually have been consumers vs. all the gym haters/lovers. (Haven't really thought this through a whole lot, just throwing it out there)

^^^ It would have to be unbiased. The second a gym is named it would be biased. Stay away from legal issues that could be problematic. The writers would have to define "good" so to speak without naming gyms. Write strictly on issues to look for and address before committing to the program, and how to follow up if new concerns arise.

What about something like the "RateMD" and "RateMyProfessors" sites? Obviously this still leaves room for bias (as would anything really), but it would a start? Not everyone will like everywhere, but it could be a centralized location of experiences with gyms?

Like a yelp for cheer gyms?
Not even that necessarily- Maybe a page that just gives people ideas for what to search for. Something like 'You received a flyer about a new allstar cheer gym opening in your area. You think it might be something you'd like to enroll your child in. Now what?' with a list of things to google/red flags to avoid. Like how craigslist automatically tells you to avoid scams involving moneygrams now lol.

I have tried calling but have not got a returned phone call. I wake up this morning and find this email which really answers nothing.

"Fearless AllStars had been successfully growing since our doors
opened in 2008. I am truly grateful for all our families and athletes
and would like to take a minute to clarify issues with our facilities
and news about the move. We began experiencing some obstacles with
negotiating some architectural requests we made and assistance with
required updates at the Oakmont Avenue facility. An opportunity
presented itself to move to Parklawn Center in Rockville. You
received notification that the gym was closed for the anticipated
move. In the last several days, our current facility owner has made
significant strides in an effort to have Fearless AllStars remain at
the Oakmont address which is pending permitting approval. After
considering all options and doing what is ultimately in the best
interests of the our membership, we plan to remain in our original
home, conveniently located near I270 and the new ICC as well as close to
Rockville. I would like to personally apologize for any confusion and
the disruption of services to our families and athletes.

I know many of you might be hearing different things about the status
of Fearless AllStars. I am writing you now to keep you informed of
current events. Please disregard the unfortunate website banter that
appears to be trying to undermine and distort the truth, as well as the real
efforts that we strive for which is to have the best program in the
area. We are diligently working to make all our parents and athletes
proud of what we have achieved and will achieve in the future.

Fearless AllStars looks forward to beginning 2012-13 season practices
on July 1st. Thank you for your patience, trust,
understanding and dedicated business. As always I am available to
speak with each of you to answer any questions you may have.
-
Fearless AllStars

One Fierce Family "

It does not answer why we are not going to the new space?
How long has he known about these current problems in our gym?
Why we were not immediately informed about the situation?
Why was the gym closed immediately 2 hrs before practice if the new space was not ready? Why was it not planned?
When were we going to be told about any of this?

Since I feel we have been left in the dark or have received partial stories I am going to call the owner of our current location myself and find out about the progress. I will let you know what I find out. Hopefully I hear July 1st as well. If not I am out of this Gym.

Also doesn't address the cheer camp that will obviously not be happening next week, that some have already apparently paid for in full. I wonder if they have taken the time to notify the "non-gym" members that had paid for and planned to attend the camp.

This whole situation is a mess. I believe that one of my CPs former coaches is there and he is a great guy and a great coach, so I would guess there are some good things going on at Fearless, but the poor management would concern me greatly.

A gym is a business and there are many sites that let users review/share their experiences. Would something similar work for gyms? You would get both positive and negative reviews, and would have to weigh them. I don't know the legalese of it all but doesn't seem any different then reviewing a restaurant. I am not sure how it would be useful if gym names weren't actually used. The trick would be to somehow limit comments to those that actually have been consumers vs. all the gym haters/lovers. (Haven't really thought this through a whole lot, just throwing it out there)

The problem I would see with this approach is that many times you can find owners, employees of the restaurant, hotel, etc hyping up their own spot and trying to cancel out the negative. So therefore their posts are not biased either IMO. So adding in the gym lovers/haters would make it infinitely worse.

I think if we can distill it to good principles and things to look for and keep the gyms names out of it, then it could be useful for the entire industry. Once we even subtlety advocate a preference (for example NCA style cheerleading over UCA style cheerleading) you then are funneling people to gyms and pointing them away from other gyms. You want them to take the principles and be able to apply them at any gym regardless of location, competition style preference, color of uniform, bows or headbands, etc.

It also doesn't make sense that their website said "Construction is in progress at the new gym". Was it really? I don't think you can do construction without a lease. How can you just walk away from a lease and construction money? The phrase "pending permitting approval" in the new email would scare me too. Maybe it's all good, but definitely ask your questions.

what, you might want to leave anyway. I get VERY cautious the moment anyone tells me to 'Ignore the Man Behind the Curtain' (or, ignore internet banter, as it were)..yes, some is trash talking, but a good old-fashioned Google Search (and subsequent information about various civil suits seeking payment) doesn't lie..

Another thing that struck me as odd was the line that "You received notification that the gym was closed for the anticipated move." How was that made? E-mail? Newsletter? Gym wide meeting? Parent meetings? Note in the athletes cubby, folder? The perception of the lack of communication is a big thing lots of gym struggle with. Even with all the ways we try to communicate, so many people still do not take the time to read their e-mail, check their voice mail, etc. Sad to say but for some people nothing less than a knock on the door with a basket of home made cookies and apple cider will not suffice as adequate notification of anything gym related.

There never was a lease and construction was never started. That was verified from the building owner when I called the other day.

The problem I would see with this approach is that many times you can find owners, employees of the restaurant, hotel, etc hyping up their own spot and trying to cancel out the negative. So therefore their posts are not biased either IMO. So adding in the gym lovers/haters would make it infinitely worse.

I think if we can distill it to good principles and things to look for and keep the gyms names out of it, then it could be useful for the entire industry. Once we even subtlety advocate a preference (for example NCA style cheerleading over UCA style cheerleading) you then are funneling people to gyms and pointing them away from other gyms. You want them to take the principles and be able to apply them at any gym regardless of location, competition style preference, color of uniform, bows or headbands, etc.

I don't disagree with you, whenever I use a review site I try to find the middle of the road reviews, they are usually the most helpful. For example on tripadvisor, I look at the 2-4 star reviews and ignore the 5 star and 1 star. Assume the 5 stars are someone connected somehow to the business and the 1 star is the customer that is probably very hard to please. I think the hard thing about trying to implement something like this for cheer gyms would be all the "cheer crazies" piping in with their two cents even though they have not actually been clients of the gym.

Notification was SENT via email 2 hours before practice. The 2hrs is NOT what time I read it but that it was sent.

I spoke with the owner/landlord or our current location. He stated he could not provide any information. I explained our situation and the potential loss of money and that our kids need to know if they need to find a new gym. He expressed his understanding of our concerns and asked for my list of questions and he would check with council and see what if any information he can provide. He said he would call me back by no later than 3pm today either way.

Notification was SENT via email 2 hours before practice. The 2hrs is NOT what time I read it but that it was sent.

IMHO 2 hours notice before that type of a move for the type of stated reasons in the e-mail posted is completely inadequate.

I spoke with the owner/landlord or our current location. He stated he could not provide any information. I explained our situation and the potential loss of money and that our kids need to know if they need to find a new gym. He expressed his understanding of our concerns and asked for my list of questions and he would check with council and see what if any information he can provide. He said he would call me back by no later than 3pm today either way.

:eek: Hope you get some answers, this has to be beyond frustrating.

Back