All-Star Is Fearless Allstars Closed??!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The problem I would see with this approach is that many times you can find owners, employees of the restaurant, hotel, etc hyping up their own spot and trying to cancel out the negative. So therefore their posts are not biased either IMO. So adding in the gym lovers/haters would make it infinitely worse.

I think if we can distill it to good principles and things to look for and keep the gyms names out of it, then it could be useful for the entire industry. Once we even subtlety advocate a preference (for example NCA style cheerleading over UCA style cheerleading) you then are funneling people to gyms and pointing them away from other gyms. You want them to take the principles and be able to apply them at any gym regardless of location, competition style preference, color of uniform, bows or headbands, etc.

I work for a company that does this as part of SEO. We go on from different IP's and write comments and articles to trick Google into putting a site higher in a Google search. I'm 19 and I can do it so I can only imagine who else can too.

Like a yelp for cheer gyms?
I love this idea. You'd get the good, the bad and the ugly to help you make a better decision. We all know that at the end of the day what is the right gym for one cp is not the right one for another, but even if a basic rating system with room for comments was used it would provide someone without any or limited prior knowledge some insight and perhaps save a lot of grief down the road.

I love this idea. You'd get the good, the bad and the ugly to help you make a better decision. We all know that at the end of the day what is the right gym for one cp is not the right one for another, but even if a basic rating system with room for comments was used it would provide someone without any or limited prior knowledge some insight and perhaps save a lot of grief down the road.

The nice thing about yelp is that you can provide owner comments as well. So if someone was to add a bad review or comment, you can respond back and show the public how you respond to unhappy customers. Since 99% of gyms are registered with USASF, maybe its something that can be provided from them on their website? When you look up a member gym, you can see their "star" rating, and then once clicked on, you get the comments.

The nice thing about yelp is that you can provide owner comments as well. So if someone was to add a bad review or comment, you can respond back and show the public how you respond to unhappy customers. Since 99% of gyms are registered with USASF, maybe its something that can be provided from them on their website? When you look up a member gym, you can see their "star" rating, and then once clicked on, you get the comments.
That really would give owners a fair platform to respond to negative comments, and happy/unhappy customers alike to review in a forum more accessible to the general public. It's great to be able to find out about gyms on here, but I would never have gone on here as a new cheer mom nor would I have known it existed.

I actually just looked into yelp, and you can add your gyms to Yelp for free and start getting reviews! Maybe we should make this a new topic.....

Would probably have to be done by the owners, wouldn't you think?

It would be best for the owner to add them, however, anyone can add a business. I am creating a post right now instructing owners how to create a business account so they can monitor the comments and respond.

The owner/landlord called back and he disclosed as much as he could legally and did not get into specifics, but what he did say was enough to make my decision easy.
In the last email from Fearless to us we were told “Please disregard the unfortunate website banter that appears to be trying to undermine and distort the truth”. It appears the truth is only being distorted by my previous Fearless gym and its owner.
The owner/landlord along with someone else did not tell me but pointed me in the direction to find this information: Based on public information anyone can look up in MD. Seems our Fearless leader knew about the “architectural obstacles” at least since April if not before. He was provided notice and directed to fix the issues or be closed. He was served on May 29th with a fine and a summons to go to court in August for operating after being notified that he needed to voluntary close due to failure to fix the “obstacles” after adequate notification and time to resolve the issues. This explains the sudden closure and signs posted on the door.

Owner/landlord stated:
the “obstacles” are many different issues.

that all the responsibility and cost to resolving all the issues fell on Fearless and that he(owner/landlord) was making no efforts correct the issues.
I saved the most interesting for last: the “architectural” issues are not the biggest issue….He said he could not say how much or for exactly how long but that to date the rent has been past due and not paid for much more than a few months.

Knowing all this, I can officially say I am no longer apart of Fearless and I will seek to get my registration money back, but I am not going to hold my breath.

what, thank you so much for doing this research and posting this information. I forwarded it to my friend, who has been somewhat in the dark, as she has not received any of the emails or communications being just a camp sign up and not a team athlete. Anyway, she has called her credit card company to dispute the charges that she paid for both her daughters to go to camp next week. Hopefully she is successful that way, and maybe you and others in your situation might want to do that as well for any registration or monthly fees you have paid. I'm pretty sure if a business shuts down unexpectedly the credit card companies will rule in your favor. Also if you have paid anything for June and not had a place to practice or tumble for weeks, that is also services paid for and never received. Just another avenue you could try. I'm sorry this happened to you and the other athletes and I hope you find a new home soon.

You crazy Maryland people- reckless with vehicles, reckless with gyms. That should be your motto of warning.
To the crazy people of Maryland list you can add reckless with lots of other things, too....the legal system, liability insurance, the IRS, proceeds from fundraisers, children you are trusted with...what a mess. And unfortunately, Maryland is not the only crazy- reckless-people with cheer gyms state.

To the crazy people of Maryland list you can add reckless with lots of other things, too....the legal system, liability insurance, the IRS, proceeds from fundraisers, children you are trusted with...what a mess. And unfortunately, Maryland is not the only crazy- reckless-people with cheer gyms state.
True. I just noticed (at least the last two Maryland cases I checked), people who tend to fudge up with gyms there also tend to have a fair number of traffic court issues. COINCIDENCE? ...Doubtful, actually? :D

True. I just noticed (at least the last two Maryland cases I checked), people who tend to fudge up with gyms there also tend to have a fair number of traffic court issues. COINCIDENCE? ...Doubtful, actually? :D

There are actually a great deal of cases listed there...not just traffic ones and by listing that link I didn't intend to have people look up traffic tickets. I wanted people to be able to access public information as parents who were entrusting their kids and make an informed decision about the owner of this gym. It's their choice how they proceed with the information from there. However, the "driving with a suspended license" traffic cases that you're talking about that are still pending are for failure to appear in court multiple times, as late as April of this year, that does speak to someone's character...at least it does to me if they are "teaching" my kids.

The other civil cases deal with multiple judgements, in excess of $85K, that have not been paid (one case went back and got a secondary judgement for $40K as late as April after failure to collect). Some of the judgements were also for attorneys who defended him in a case and were not paid themselves after doing so. Again, speaks to someone's character greatly...at least in my opinion. If other folks feel differently, then that's their opinion and they are certainly entitled to it by all means. But it may be an indicator of how the business/gym is being run.

If you put in the business' name, there is another another case pending now via the county.

The list is long, long, long of active and closed cases in just the last few years, certainly not just two traffic violations. It takes a while to wade through and read all the info, but it is quite telling if you do so. At the end of the day for me, this list is too long for me to have an affiliation any longer with this kind of a person. Others may feel differently and that's why we all have choices and public information out there in life, right?

Back