All-Star Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 20, 2010
My cp has been going through some major tumble blocks lately (since tryouts last may) She had gotten to working on her full and standing tuck. All of a sudden she just stopped tumbling. Wouldn't even throw her standing bhs. She would stop at her roundoff during running tumbling. She would freak out and get frustrated even with a spot on her standing bhs.

Monday she had a major breakthrough!!! She actually started throwing her bhs again and her robhstuck!! One of the coaches even had her throwing her standing bhs layout on the tumble track by herself! He even spotted her on a few standing bhs fulls! I am so proud of her!! Tonight at practice she threw her robhs, front walkover robhs on the floor! Her coaches even gave her a tumbling spot in the tumbling sequence!!! So proud of her! And I know some of her coaches are on here and I want to give them a huge THANK YOU for being patient with her and confident in her ability.

Congrats baby girl! Knew you could do it!! Thanks coaches! You rock!

My daughter has had a tumbling block for a year and a half. She is scared to death and refuses to throw her bhs without a spot (although she doesn't need one). I keep hoping for a breakthrough like yours...she used to be such a pretty tumbler...

Congrats and tell her great job!!

@Hungry this is her second major tumble block. I realize the less interest or "pressure' i put towards her tumbling, the more she wanted it back for herself. I left her alone about it and she started asking me to go to tumbling. She then started showing more and more interest. I honestly couldn't tell you what made her "snap out of it" It just happened. Now she's a tumbling fiend! She asks me every day if there's a tumble class she can go to. She had to really want it herself. I could want it for her all day long, but it wasn't going to help her get it back any faster.

Have you tried showing her some old videos of herself tumbling?

@Hungry this is her second major tumble block. I realize the less interest or "pressure' i put towards her tumbling, the more she wanted it back for herself. I left her alone about it and she started asking me to go to tumbling. She then started showing more and more interest. I honestly couldn't tell you what made her "snap out of it" It just happened. Now she's a tumbling fiend! She asks me every day if there's a tumble class she can go to. She had to really want it herself. I could want it for her all day long, but it wasn't going to help her get it back any faster.

Have you tried showing her some old videos of herself tumbling?

Yes, I showed her old videos. I've tried everything from bribery (a puppy!), ignoring the topic, private lessons, a meditation CD specifically about back tumbling blocks, to begging, to being angry, to just giving up. I've even taken her to a different gym to see if a change of scenery/coaching helped. She doesn't want to, she's terrified and there's nothing I can do.

As a coach, it's so frustrating and as a mom, it's dissapointing. It's not that she can't, she won't. (I blame her old tumbling instructor, he scared her one day and literally quit tumbling the following week)

@Hungry i totally feel your frustration. I wish you and your daughter the best of luck and really hope she can get through this. Meanwhile, sit back, relax and have a drink! If you don't drink, you might want to start! hahah totally kidding. But in all honesty, the less stress you feel from it (or show from it) the less stress it is on her. I learned the hard way to just "back off and let her be" it worked though. Just remind her that not all coaches are the same. The coach that scared her isn't the same person who is trying to help her now. It might take a while to figure that out, but eventually, it will hit her :)

i shattered my ankle in january and was told i might not be able to tumble at tryouts and would definately not get to compete with my team at worlds. but i was so motivated to come back i did everything the doctors told me to and more. I am proud to say i will be taking the floor with my team in Orlando this year:)

love chance, and of course coach melvin <3

after i posted this i realized, i might have saw you this monday at the gym? we had all just got back from cheersport and i was so shocked chance and melvin BOTH we're at the gym spotting after just leaving ga, what dedication those two have!

Yeah i saw you :-D we're there EVERY monday. She has practice right before his class so why not stay?! and yes, i've never seen someone as dedicated as Melvin. Chance seems to really enjoy coaching the kids. I honestly didn't think Melvin was going to have his class but there he was! Walkin in the gym with his FAME shirt on "yeah i just got back" hahaha Love him! Even better is when he's spotting tumbling with his snake skin boots on :)

Latest posts

Back