All-Star Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here is a photo of her right after her standing back handspring....
391710_2406719098808_1576104246_2317010_1815559146_n-1.jpg

So I have been a level 5/6 athlete for 5 years now but I have NEVER had any pass that included a back handspring. Most of my tumbling was self taught so I did not follow progression at all so I have been very limited by my lack of flexibility and backhandspring.

Recently I took it upon myself to get a workable handspring that I could do something with. I have had my double full out of a round off for 3 years but finally today I have for the first time EVER done my double out of a backhandspring.:cheering:

To some this may seem trivial... but to me, adding in the backhandspring is a blessing from the cheer gods themselves. Here is a video so you can fully understand how sad my bhs is.... hehe but I am still proud of how far I have come.

Hey gurl hey... Look who can 2 to dub | Facebook

Congrats AcaseA! You would not believe how many level 5 kids don't have back walkovers! The Junior 2 and Youth 1 girls will be warming them up in tumbling and med coed has to have a spot...cracks me up.
Just make sure your arms are by your ears and block through the shoulders instead of bending at the elbows (at least that's what cp's coaches are always telling her...lol).

Sorry I'm blowing this thread up but someone was spotted doing her round off bhs x 3 and has been cleared for take off on tucks. OMG I have a tumbler now.....she told me "fulls don't look that hard..."
Once again I heard "everyday she becomes more and more like Morgan McDavid on med coed..." I'm so glad she has a great role model to look up to!

Ok, I have to be a PMM - Psycho Mini Mom - bear with me, I'm new at this. So, the boy went to the gym last night for his first private ever with the most amazing tumble coach that ever lived. He self-taught his BHS on the beach last summer but has since gotten into the habit of landing on his knees. By the time we left last night, his BHS was nice and cleaned up and he was throwing standing tucks!! His sister totally hated on him for getting skills that fast, and I just had to laugh ;) So proud of him!

I took some video of cp's new tumbling. Two weeks ago she couldn't get her feet under her in her back handspring....
This was at the end of practice so she was a little tired.

New pass

Running Two

Aww I love it!!!
I subscribed to your channel haha:)

I actually have a video of my cp doing something that looks like a robhs tuck, on the floor, by herself. :)

After nearly a year of stops, starts, backsliding, crying, tears, "almost" having it on the floor then not having it, technique issues, confidence issues, issues with other kids' tumbling blocks getting in my daughter's head and a whole lot of effort...

My daughter has now done relatively solid robhs tucks, on the floor, by herself, for several practices in a row now. I hope I'm not jinxing her by saying that. And her punch front and aerial have come a long way as well.

I'm so proud of her for pushing through and seemingly getting a skill which she has been *this* close to getting for nearly a year. It'd have been easier for her to give up, and she almost did at one point. But she persevered.

cheermommaRN is Pheobe the one who did gymnastics before? I wasn't sure how many CP's you had.

Yes, she did gymnastics until we moved to Texas. Gymnastics is a little more crazy out here than what she was used to and burned out. We intended to just do tumbling classes but after one class (with Tye Hill) she wanted to join all stars that day. My oldest dd who is 14 cheered from age 5-10 in Arizona, mostly with Arizona Heat. She doesn't cheer anymore, always talks about wanting to start again but I think cheer in Texas would be to intense for her (she likes to perform but hates to work).

i've been a headcase for years and just can't get over it.. things come to me, but they come really slowly and it's super annoying!! A few years ago i finally started throwing my tucks by myself.. then i go tinjured and haven't gotten back into it since.

Back