All-Star Majors 2017

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i wonder what teams were invited but declined. if vizion 20/20 was invited i wanna imagine they declined because of the cost and the fact they come out of a smaller gym. im surprised smoed wasnt on the list, even with their unfortunate worlds performance. And im kinda surprised Cali black ops isnt on the list as well.

does anyone know what teams were extended an invite but declined.
What does them being a small gym have to do with anything? Genuinely curious because they've managed back to back silver being a small gym. Indy is a 5 hour drive from Vizion, if they declined it's most likely not the cost.

What does them being a small gym have to do with anything? Genuinely curious because they've managed back to back silver being a small gym. Indy is a 5 hour drive from Vizion, if they declined it's most likely not the cost.
Thats my mistake i thought vizion came out of the west coast

I know there are alot of amazing teams on this list but to me how can this be this big prestigious event when most of the divisions only have 3 teams in them? Doesnt seem like that big of a competition to me if there is so few teams in each division.

I imagine there are some time constraints on the event too, they've added more divisions and teams over the years and the event is already several hours long.

Last year the "and" was the Majors choice where fans voted on the last team to get in. It seemed like a big hit, I wonder if they will do that again.

Thats my mistake i thought vizion came out of the west coast

There's not many worlds bid comps in their backyard. I wonder *if* they did get invited, whether they would have turned it down for a shot to compete for a bid at super nationals instead. I'm fairly certain that when you compete in the majors, they don't allow you to compete at Jamfest that weekend.

There's not many worlds bid comps in their backyard. I wonder *if* they did get invited, whether they would have turned it down for a shot to compete for a bid at super nationals instead. I'm fairly certain that when you compete in the majors, they don't allow you to compete at Jamfest that weekend.
Vizion has not been to super nationals since 2012. But you are correct that you can not compete for a bid there if you are in the Majors.

They're doing the Majors Choice twitter vote again. Teams in the majors choice are:

Fame Super Seniors
KC Cheer Fierce 5
Cali Black Ops
WE Black Ops

am i the only one who thinks its an un fair poll to begin with.
i cant imagine anyone but cali black ops not winning the vote. But i feel bad that fame super seniors placed top three this year and were still left out.
Or that WE Black ops won NCA and were left out...

ive always wondered how majors goes about who to invite, etc. i would take a good guess and say they base it off worlds results, and then slowly work their way down the list if teams start to decline the invite. I mean has all of large senior and coed always accepted.......

Trending on Twitter

When you compare hastags I am not sure Cali is ahead right now. I don't think they are advertising and promoting the vote as much as some other gyms at this time.

ive always wondered how majors goes about who to invite, etc. i would take a good guess and say they base it off worlds results, and then slowly work their way down the list if teams start to decline the invite. I mean has all of large senior and coed always accepted.......

From the explanation I had heard, they took Worlds placements into account but also looked at overall success over several years (did their Worlds performance/placement come out of left field when comparing their previous seasons/performances), fan following (what teams are going to sell tickets), current season's potential for success (the season hasn't started yet so we don't know what these teams look like.. did a small team of 18 graduate 7 seniors that could effect their success this year..), etc etc.

Don't know if it's accurate but it made perfect sense at the time, and would make sense why the large senior/coed teams always have the most teams (most popular). I imagine it's not as easy of a process as inviting the top 3 placements each year.

Back