High School Michigan High School Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Has anyone heard of Woodhaven High School? A girl from there is moving to Minnesota and is trying out for my team. Do they do full ups or anything? A vid would be great. I don't know anything about Michigan high school cheer.
I know where that is. within a half hour from me. I have never seen a high school team here do full ups.

I know where that is. within a half hour from me. I have never seen a high school team here do full ups.
The girl from there just moved here and is great! She learned our required stunts very quickly. I still have no idea what she did in Michigan, but it seemed to make her a good cheerleader!

The girl from there just moved here and is great! She learned our required stunts very quickly. I still have no idea what she did in Michigan, but it seemed to make her a good cheerleader!
i posted videos of the rounds on the first page of this thread :)

awesome! I've been out of school cheer for a long time now so I just wasnt sure if anyone had attempted them yet.
ok. This year will suck because we arnt allowed to do double full downs anymore and they limited the amout of people you can have in round 2 so no divison 1 can only have 12, divison 2 can only have 10, divison 3 can only have 8, and divison 4 can only have 6.:mad: And the Mhsaa's reasoning is they want to level out the scores more so people can have a better chance towin but all the good teams will still win because of dificulty and you can still have 16 in rounds 1 and 3.

Sorry that was kinda long.;)

I will never be able to comprehend michigan cheer. SIX people on a team?! Thats crazy.
Actually its only 6 people in that round but 16 in the others but I would say most divison 1 and 2 teams have about 20 girls on the team then divisions 3 and 4 have about 12-16 girls on the team but yes six is a small amount of girls but they usually get beter execution scores for being to togther.

Actually its only 6 people in that round but 16 in the others but I would say most divison 1 and 2 teams have about 20 girls on the team then divisions 3 and 4 have about 12-16 girls on the team but yes six is a small amount of girls but they usually get beter execution scores for being to togther.
Ohhhh! Okay that makes more sense.

This is honestly one of the weirdest things I have ever seen. Being from Pennsylvania, we don't even have a states, but most of the teams go to UCA Nationals. I would love to see that team in a music format though, they would probably do really well.

It's so funny to see people's reactions. To us, this format is in the norm. I didn't know other states did it differently until last year. I even talked to my coach asking if we would ever switch over to the standard cheerleading, and she said probably not because most coaches like this different format.

So the judges want young girls to yell like grown men?
I just can't get my ears around it. When I hear cheerleaders yelling I want to hear their natural voice but louder. No screeching please but no James Earl Jones impersonations are necessary either...
Lol teams that have screechy, girly voices get made fun of. We're told to use 'football voices' :)

It looks like a drill team to me....even when they are stunting. It was probably the sharpest and cleanest routine I have ever seen though. But to me cheerleading is about showing you personality and while performing amazing skills. And there was no personality what so ever here.
Since everyone has to be so together, it's kind of hard to show personality. The only way we can is winking and nodding our heads, unless our coaches put in certain moves that are supposed to have personality.

Back