All-Star Nca 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Which one is the light rail? Pretty sure the closest train station is Walnut Hill.

I get mixed up between what's a train and what's a bus station. How do you tell the difference?
The little white marks is where the DART stops. The whole thing is a train. There is a "park and ride" at the Walnut Hill station (one where you'd be taking to and from the convention center) so you'd park your car in that parking lot and board the train. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a link to the Walnut Hill Station: DART.org - Walnut Hill Station
and a link to fares/passes: DART.org - Fare and Pass Information

It looks like parking is available there. Passes can be bought at the station or through an app, but the station isn't a big place, so it should be pretty easy to spot the machines.

Honestly, though, I'd probably just drive to the convention center. It should be no problem to park that early and with the train trip being 30 minutes, you're not really going to save any time. For me, we don't compete until evening, so avoiding the hassle of traffic and parking then would make the DART worth it for sure!

ETA: Here's a how-to guide: DART.org - DART Rail System
I'm not too sure about driving to and from the convention center. Tbh it's not in a very good area of Dallas (business people wise) and there's ALWAYS traffic on 75 and 35 so the DART is the way to go imo. The day pass is $5.00 so you'd be saving money in gas and parking (probably $10-$12 from what I can remember).

Living in Dallas my whole life has its perks lol. I take the dart to school 4x a week and it's so much better than sitting in traffic and parking!

I'm not too sure about driving to and from the convention center. Tbh it's not in a very good area of Dallas (business people wise) and there's ALWAYS traffic on 75 and 35 so the DART is the way to go imo. The day pass is $5.00 so you'd be saving money in gas and parking (probably $10-$12 from what I can remember).

Living in Dallas my whole life has its perks lol. I take the dart to school 4x a week and it's so much better than sitting in traffic and parking!

FWIW, I've lived in Dallas all of my life, also. I've driven my CP to NCA for 11 seasons not to mention the other comps we've had there over the years. Used to, even later in the day, parking was a bit of a hassle, but doable. Now, though, any time after 9 a.m. and parking is just a nightmare. That's why I plan to take DART this year. I'm a bit concerned since there's been such a problem lately with aggressive homeless/panhandlers in and around downtown and the DART stations due to K2. I'd be happier if we could drive to the CC, park underneath and head straight inside. Since that won't happen later in the day, taking the DART to the CC seems safer than parking and walking a long way.

I now have anxiety. [emoji15] I need to double check my hotel. My CP is now double teaming all weekend. First time at NCA.

I'm upset because NCA wasn't in my budget this year :(, (broke college student), but I'm so thrilled to see the routine changes and to see who's going to bring in the heat. I've heard that if CA Panthers win this year, it'll be a 4/5-peat? I can't remember but yeah, that's awesome, they rock it at NCA and I love it.

Whoever is at nca could you pretty please get a video of unity ruby and black. Hey are in the io5 and ioc5 division and really want to see how they compare to the USA teams

Adding to this, if anyone watches them, please cheer loud for them! They are used to having an army of supporters cheering them through the routine back home and it would be a good boost for their first time at NCA :)

Omg trying to figure out that schedule and which is a bus station stop and which is a train stop, I went cross eyed! If I told you where I'm coming from, can you look at the schedule or point me in the right direction??

yes maam if you get on at any of the stations off North Central express way (75) such as MOckingbird station, akward(any downtown station) park lane...you always take a Red line train. Basically any Red line train will get you To and From the convention center. Where are yall staying?

I can park my car are the train station, thought, right? It's a quick drive over there.

Can I buy a day pass online? Do you have the link for that? I don't want to be fumbling around trying to find where to buy a ticket when I get there. LOL

correct! just park and get on. Take any Red Line Train and you will get there. they come every 20ish min. Will take about 30 mins to get there

Which one is the light rail? Pretty sure the closest train station is Walnut Hill.

I get mixed up between what's a train and what's a bus station. How do you tell the difference?

dont take the bus or it would take forever. Just focus on getting on any Red Line Train's towards Downtown. The easiest thing to do is call the DART customer service the night before you have to meet your team and they can give you all the times for trains you can get on the next day. Its super easy and they are really nice.

Back